Berg...
MELMOTH
2020-02-14 18:48:28 UTC
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B083XVDXXD/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&psc=1
c***@gmail.com
2020-02-14 19:16:18 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B083XVDXXD/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&psc=1
Thanks for the pointer. A box containing the complete works of Berg-the-composer would take up fewer discs :-) My, there is a lot of duplication of thrice-familiar repertoire (and recordings) here. A box devoted to the ABQ's recordings of 20th-century music might be attractive to me, but then I doubt that I am the intended audience. Are the DVDs of the 1989 Beethoven cycle the same performances as the CD issues?

AC
Raymond Hall
2020-02-14 21:35:04 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by MELMOTH
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B083XVDXXD/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&psc=1
Thanks for the pointer. A box containing the complete works of Berg-the-composer would take up fewer discs :-) My, there is a lot of duplication of thrice-familiar repertoire (and recordings) here. A box devoted to the ABQ's recordings of 20th-century music might be attractive to me, but then I doubt that I am the intended audience. Are the DVDs of the 1989 Beethoven cycle the same performances as the CD issues?
AC
Afaik, the live recordings were made in Vienna in 1989, and at various times were issued as CD sets, and then DVDs. I would definitely assume both formats to be the same recordings. Assumption however is what it is.

I have their earlier studio set.

Ray Hall, Taree