Claus Ogerman
Andy Evans
2022-02-20 11:59:05 UTC
Klaus or Claus Ogermann 1930 – 2016 was a German arranger, conductor, and composer who worked with Jobim, Sinatra, Streisand, Diana Krall, George Benson and very many others. His style owes a lot to Debussy, Ravel and others of that school, but his choice was to work in popular music, to which he brought a sophistication not easily found in popular arrangements. And also jazz, where he stands alongside Gil Evans though in a different way and without quite Evans' genius in his Miles Davis collaborations.

I'm a huge fan and here are some examples of his work:

with Bill Evans

George Benson - Breezin

with Danilo Perez

with Jan Akkerman

with Barbra Streisand

"Nightwings" with Jean-Yves Thibaudet
& Yue Deng

with Freddy Hubbard

with Jobim
Andy Evans
2022-02-20 12:20:52 UTC
Revised links

Klaus or Claus Ogermann 1930 - 2016 was a German arranger, conductor, and composer who worked with Jobim, Sinatra, Streisand, Diana Krall, George Benson and very many others. His style owes a lot to Debussy, Ravel, Scriabin and others of that school, but his choice was to work in popular music, to which he brought a sophistication not easily found in popular arrangements. And also jazz, where he stands alongside Gil Evans though in a different way and without quite Evans' genius in his Miles Davis collaborations.

I'm a huge fan and here are some examples of his work:

http://youtu.be/sxbm6g6VyFo with Bill Evans

George Benson - Breezin

http://youtu.be/jMJc-xsjMpw with Danilo Perez

http://youtu.be/3865kbghm-4 with Jan Akkerman

with Barbra Streisand

http://youtu.be/VBKZQRb1FIc "Nightwings" with Jean-Yves Thibaudet
& Yue Deng
http://youtu.be/a3Y_ovcWshk with Freddy Hubbard

with Jobim

with Diana Krall
Andy Evans
2023-06-28 15:57:30 UTC
Post by Andy Evans
Revised links
Klaus or Claus Ogermann 1930 - 2016 was a German arranger, conductor, and composer who worked with Jobim, Sinatra, Streisand, Diana Krall, George Benson and very many others. His style owes a lot to Debussy, Ravel, Scriabin and others of that school, but his choice was to work in popular music, to which he brought a sophistication not easily found in popular arrangements. And also jazz.......
I love this guy - he has his own distinctive style, despite having been a house arranger for many popular artists. From 1970 he devoted more time to his own music.

Listening right now to Symbiosis with Bill Evans........

Any other fans here?