Remembering Leif Segerstam
Add Reply
Gerard
2024-10-11 15:58:57 UTC
https://thelistenersclub.com/2024/10/11/remembering-leif-segerstam/
Paul Goodman
2024-10-11 18:54:28 UTC
Post by Gerard
https://thelistenersclub.com/2024/10/11/remembering-leif-segerstam/
I saw him conduct Mahler 3 with the Chicago Symphony years ago. It was a
great performance and one that I remember fondly both because of the way
the orchestra played along with the enthusiasm of the conductor. He was a
joy to watch because he really looked like he was enjoying everything
happening around him.
Paul Goodman
Raymond Hall
2024-10-11 21:48:20 UTC
Post by Paul Goodman
Post by Gerard
https://thelistenersclub.com/2024/10/11/remembering-leif-segerstam/
I saw him conduct Mahler 3 with the Chicago Symphony years ago. It was a
great performance and one that I remember fondly both because of the way
the orchestra played along with the enthusiasm of the conductor. He was a
joy to watch because he really looked like he was enjoying everything
happening around him.
His Rimsky Scheherezades are great to watch also on YouTube. Also a
great Sibelian, as befits a wonderful Finnish conductor.

Ray Hall, Taree
PPeso
2024-10-12 03:57:10 UTC
Post by Paul Goodman
I saw him conduct Mahler 3 with the Chicago Symphony years ago. It was a
great performance and one that I remember fondly both because of the way
the orchestra played along with the enthusiasm of the conductor. He was a
joy to watch because he really looked like he was enjoying everything
happening around him.
I saw him in action in Helsinki a while ago, conducting Rautavaara's
Clarinet Concerto with Stoltzman and Sibelius' Fifth. Both terrific
performances, my friends who were at the concert and had never heard
Sibelius before were mesmerized. About his recordings I am quite fond of
his 2007 Sibelius' Kullervo Symphony, the 2004 Rautavaara's Cantus
Articus, the 1996 Third Symphony by Norgaard, and for something
completely different Berio's Epifanie with Cathy Berberian in 1974.
DeepBlue
2024-10-13 06:50:57 UTC
Post by Gerard
https://thelistenersclub.com/2024/10/11/remembering-leif-segerstam/