Lemnitz's recordings of the Wesendonck Lieder
a***@hotmail.com
2007-07-08 10:21:07 UTC
Doesn't the following discography leave out?:

1) Lemnitz's recording accompanied by Heger?,

2) Lemnitz's recording of her farewell recital in 1950's which
included the W. Lieder with the omission of "Stehe Stille"?

http://www.gopera.com/lieder/recordings/wagner_wesendonck.html
j***@hotmail.com
2007-07-08 15:22:06 UTC
Post by a***@hotmail.com
1) Lemnitz's recording accompanied by Heger?,
2) Lemnitz's recording of her farewell recital in 1950's which
included the W. Lieder with the omission of "Stehe Stille"?
http://www.gopera.com/lieder/recordings/wagner_wesendonck.html
I just now clicked on your referenced discography of Wesendonck Lieder
recordings, and the recording by Lemnitz with Heger (an Acanta release
I haven't heard) IS listed there. I'm not familiar with the "farewell"
recital you mention. However, the discography does omit the 1955
Lemnitz/Abendroth/RSO (Music & Arts CD-1038), which includes "Stehe
still!" In glancing at some of the other entries, I noticed that
Flagstad's live 1952 concert reading with Georges Sebastian and the
Berlin State Opera (Dante LYS 469-470) is also missing from this
discography. My favorite Lemnitz account is the one she recorded with
pianist Michael Rauchiesen (Preiser CD - mine is on the old Club 99
LP).
j***@hotmail.com
2007-07-08 15:45:15 UTC
Post by j***@hotmail.com
Post by a***@hotmail.com
[...]
Oops! There were a couple of typos in my previous posting: Abendroth
conducts the RSO Leipzig, and the superb lieder pianist's surname is
properly spelled as Raucheisen.

Jeff Lipscomb
g***@gmail.com
2016-04-05 10:47:17 UTC
Post by j***@hotmail.com
Post by a***@hotmail.com
1) Lemnitz's recording accompanied by Heger?,
2) Lemnitz's recording of her farewell recital in 1950's which
included the W. Lieder with the omission of "Stehe Stille"?
http://www.gopera.com/lieder/recordings/wagner_wesendonck.html
I just now clicked on your referenced discography of Wesendonck Lieder
recordings, and the recording by Lemnitz with Heger (an Acanta release
I haven't heard) IS listed there. I'm not familiar with the "farewell"
recital you mention...
Here it is:

https://search.library.wisc.edu/catalog/9910345956202121