What portable music device do you use?
MIFrost
2018-06-15 18:13:59 UTC
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?

TIA

MIFrost
Frank Berger
2018-06-15 18:48:36 UTC
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?
TIA
MIFrost
I believe yo mean GB, not MB. If you don't get any good suggestions
there are many Ipod Classics for sale on Ebay. Around $100-200.
MIFrost
2018-06-15 21:41:32 UTC
Post by Frank Berger
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?
TIA
MIFrost
I believe yo mean GB, not MB. If you don't get any good suggestions
there are many Ipod Classics for sale on Ebay. Around $100-200.
But for $300 I can get a brand new, in the box iPod Touch with a warranty. That's my thought. I'd rather have the Classic but am eBay used refurbished one for close to $200 ...?

Does anyone make a portable music player like the Classic anymore? If not, then I may go for the Touch.

MIFrost
Frank Berger
2018-06-15 23:09:01 UTC
Post by MIFrost
Post by Frank Berger
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?
TIA
MIFrost
I believe yo mean GB, not MB. If you don't get any good suggestions
there are many Ipod Classics for sale on Ebay. Around $100-200.
But for $300 I can get a brand new, in the box iPod Touch with a warranty. That's my thought. I'd rather have the Classic but am eBay used refurbished one for close to $200 ...?
Not using these types of devices I have nothing to say, except some
people must prefer the used Classic for $100-200 to the Touch for $300.
You'd know why better than me.
MIFrost
Ricardo Jimenez
2018-06-15 19:16:21 UTC
On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:13:59 -0700 (PDT), MIFrost
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?
TIA
MIFrost
Obviously you choose not to use a smart phone for this purpose. Please
explain why. Thanks.
MIFrost
2018-06-15 19:57:35 UTC
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?
TIA
MIFrost
Obviously you choose not to use a smart phone for this purpose. Please
explain why. Thanks.
I guess I'm satisfied with the flip-phone I have. I'm an old guy. My wife and kids have smart phones but I haven't seen the need to go that route. Not yet anyway.

MIFrost
Raymond Hall
2018-06-15 20:36:04 UTC
I've got a ZTE Axon7 with 64Gb of standard storage. For the car, connection to an Onkyo rxvr, and other bluetooth devices, it suits me fine. In addition I've compresed all the files on the phone to mp3. For portable uses I find this hugely satisfying and highly convenient. In addition I have dispensed with the fixed phone.

Ray Hall, Taree
Frank Berger
2018-06-15 20:40:00 UTC
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?
TIA
MIFrost
Obviously you choose not to use a smart phone for this purpose. Please
explain why. Thanks.
I guess I'm satisfied with the flip-phone I have. I'm an old guy. My wife and kids have smart phones but I haven't seen the need to go that route. Not yet anyway.
MIFrost
I'm holding out until a time when I can listen to anything I want,
whenever and wherever I want over practically unlimited bandwidth. Until
then I still use one of my many portable CD players from the 80s and
90s. Not so good for jogging, but then I don't jog.
m***@gmail.com
Yes I still use a portable CD player - I also use an Ipod classic 160 and I have a couple sandisk portable players but more and more of my time is listening via streaming on my smart phone or tablet to Amazon music or Apple music; the selection is incredible
Frank Berger
2018-06-15 23:12:17 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Frank Berger
Post by MIFrost
[...]
I have a thing for hardware and some of the portable CD players from the
80s and 90s. I have around 20 of these - Sony's, Magnovox and Panasonic
mostly.
Peter
2018-06-15 23:38:08 UTC
I use a Samsung G7 with a 400Gb storage chip. My files are all FLAC, and no matter how many CDs I rip I don't come close to using up my space. I use VLC media player because it supports a hierarchical folder structure, which is great for locating music. I don't bother with playlists; I just play whole CDs. (In a few cases, where the pieces on a CD are odd bedmates, I've broken them up into separate folders.) Incidentally, the unlocked version of the G7 has a relatively acceptable DAC, so the sound quality is OK, all things considered.
Dan Fowler
2018-06-16 02:03:56 UTC
When using a portable device I tend to listen to Apple Music through my
iPhone primarily for the convenience and selection.

I had several iPod classics-2007 and 2009- and loved them. When the hard
drive failed on the last one, I replaced it with a Sony Walkman with 64gb
of internal storage and a 128gb MicroSD card. The interface took a little
getting used to, but the sound was great and I loved the storage. Battery
life was good too.
n***@gmail.com
The last PMP I used was a Sony WM-F100. Listening to it during a fast walk I very nearly got smashed by a car. When it ceased working properly I put in the trash along with the rest of my garbage, and that was that. :-)
n***@gmail.com
2018-06-16 14:13:32 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Post by Frank Berger
Post by MIFrost
[...]
Exactly like the one currently on eBay asking for $240 + shipping!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-WM-F100-III-Walkman-Cassette-Player-Top-Condition-Working-Great/253632156648?hash=item3b0da793e8:g:SJkAAOSwWFFa~1Y3
h***@btinternet.com
2018-06-16 15:51:19 UTC
I have a problem with portable music which I haven’t been able to resolve. I want to be able to access by own music files and play them over the (4G) internet. If anyone has a solution working well with Windows, please say.

I haven’t even found a really satisfactory way of doing it out of my house with WiFi, since the WiFi won’t reach to the end of my garden. I just got a Samsung S9 phone and I was hoping that the WiFi receiver would be better, but no.
Randy Lane
2018-06-16 17:08:43 UTC
I use a variety of devices from phones to tablets and more.
My library of ripped CDs, SACDs, audio from a few DVDs, and some downloads comes to over 3TB right now, and is ever growing being that barely one third of my library has been ripped and tagged.
AssetUpnp runs on a PC and serves up the music categorized any way I want,thans mostly to a huge time investment I make with file tagging.
The last two phones I have owned have good enough audio that when I am out and about I don't use a DAC or Headphone amp.
I am eyeing the Fiio X7 MKII though - looks awfully impressive, though costly.
Randy Lane
2018-06-17 01:01:04 UTC
Oh, and I forgot to mention BubbleUpnp, which is the the Android app I use. It turns any android device into a first class portable music player, provided the device has good audio circuitry. The Galaxy S9 I heard someone mention has excellent audio as do the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy Note 8. The LGV10, V20, and V30 have excellent audio too, probably more so than the latest Galaxy phones.

Install the free BubbleUpnp server utility on whatever PC you have your music on and 4G is available to you with decent security.
s***@hotmail.com
2018-06-16 19:09:35 UTC
I stream using LMS to my Slimdevices Transporter in my living room and sometimes to my iPhone in bedroom using iPeng. When I am traveling I play what is stored on the phone and to Spotify, but supposedly LMS could stream to the iPeng on the phone over 4G. I am just not tech savvy enough to figure out how :-(

I know Rachmaninov and others would frown, but when I travel by train for about 2x3 hours every other week I like to listen to music while working - and cancelling noice at the same time (I very content with my B&O H9).

Just transferred 120 gb flac files to a sd card in anticipation of my new car (that will also have a B&O stereo). Rachmaninov et al probably wouldn’t approve of that either :-) But if I only played music when I had time just to listen, I would hear a lot less music- and my kids would not be so used to everything from Bach to Bartók - and Rachmaninov.

Soeren
George M.
2018-06-21 20:48:29 UTC
Post by h***@btinternet.com
I have a problem with portable music which I haven’t been able to resolve. I want to be able to access by own music files and play them over the (4G) internet. If anyone has a solution working well with Windows, please say.
I haven’t even found a really satisfactory way of doing it out of my house with WiFi, since the WiFi won’t reach to the end of my garden. I just got a Samsung S9 phone and I was hoping that the WiFi receiver would be better, but no.
You might want to install subsonic. It's a java based software that will stream your local music to a mobile smartphone or browser via internet. There are number of players for iPhone and Android.

http://www.subsonic.org
2018-06-16 22:56:57 UTC
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me
and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I
have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes.
Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's
more than enough. What do you use?
TIA
MIFrost
Obviously you choose not to use a smart phone for this purpose. Please
explain why. Thanks.
I guess I'm satisfied with the flip-phone I have. I'm an old guy. My wife and
kids have smart phones but I haven't seen the need to go that route. Not yet anyway.
I'd forget the iPod touch and get a iPhone 8 or 7 or even 6 that had
the storage capacity I wanted. Not only does it work just like your
iPod, but it can also receive Spotify and other Wifi based streaming
systems. Plus if you get a cellular plan on it you can listen to
anything anywhere. (just about)

This opens your options to:

Get a cheap iPhone 6 or so with the memory size you need. Just use it
like an iPod. You can even go all the way back to an iPhone 4 or 5 you
can get for almost free.

Do the same only setup wifi so you can run apps and stream music.
Use it for your cell phone as well.

When Jobs first announced the iPhone, he said they were making three
new announcements, a screen buttoned iPod, a revolutionary mobile
phone, and an exciting new internet device. Then he revealed they were
the same product...and he was right. There's a reason why your wife
and kids are into it.

-Owen
r***@verizon.net
2018-06-15 19:55:32 UTC
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?
TIA
MIFrost
I love my iPod Classic. I've been told there are people who can refurbish them, replace the battery and the hard drive. I don't have anyone to recommend but I'm sure an online search will turn up numerous services. Nice to know that there's someone filling that niche since Apple refuses to service anything they make. Obviously this voids the warranty but who cares if it's dying anyway.

Here's one for instance:
https://www.iresq.com/ipod-repair/ipod-classic.html

The price of replacing the hard drive is more than I paid for the Classic but if you're fond of it, maybe it's not too much. I wouldn't have a problem with paying to replace the battery but I believe the drive usually fails before the battery does.
Herman
2018-06-16 07:47:10 UTC
This is a parody, isn't it? People talking about still using obsolete Eighties or Nineties devices instead of just the modern, much more convenient smartphones.

The image of Frank hoarding those massive portable CD players of yore is just too hilarious.

BTW I don't have any portable music device. If I'm out and about I don't need or want any music. If I listen to forty minutes of music a day it's much, but when I do I just listen to it without doing anything else.
MIFrost
2018-06-16 13:07:16 UTC
Post by Herman
This is a parody, isn't it? People talking about still using obsolete Eighties or Nineties devices instead of just the modern, much more convenient smartphones.
The image of Frank hoarding those massive portable CD players of yore is just too hilarious.
BTW I don't have any portable music device. If I'm out and about I don't need or want any music. If I listen to forty minutes of music a day it's much, but when I do I just listen to it without doing anything else.
I sometimes sit and listen in my house through headphones. It's nice not being tied to the big stereo system in the den. Sometimes when we travel I bring it along and can listen in a hotel room or wherever.

MIFrost
m***@gmail.com
The one thing I really like is noise cancelling - an absolute God send on a plain or train
Frank Berger
2018-06-18 19:04:25 UTC
Post by Herman
This is a parody, isn't it? People talking about still using obsolete Eighties or Nineties devices instead of just the modern, much more convenient smartphones.
The image of Frank hoarding those massive portable CD players of yore is just too hilarious.
BTW I don't have any portable music device. If I'm out and about I don't need or want any music. If I listen to forty minutes of music a day it's much, but when I do I just listen to it without doing anything else.
Why I am bothering to explain to you, I don't know. I generally, don't
listen to music when out and about either. I use my portable CD player
when I go out of town, in a hotel, for example. I bring a bunch of CDs,
sans cases to save weight. It is old fashioned, I admit, but I don't
have to spend time transferring music to a device.
m***@gmail.com
2018-06-19 15:16:16 UTC
Post by Herman
This is a parody, isn't it? People talking about still using obsolete Eighties or Nineties devices instead of just the modern, much more convenient smartphones.
I can think of three good reasons to prefer a dedicated device for listening to music:
- more music
- superior interface
- reduced battery drain on the phone (if this was the only reason, it would be good enough. Stretching out your battery life once our phone gets to a certain age is a real challenge)

As to the idea that the phone is "modern" and "more conveient", the former is just bull- there's nothing about a phone that is clearly better. And more convenient? If you prefer your music listening to be interrupted by texts and email alerts, yeah, it's that. Forget it.

When one of my two iPod Classics dies, I'll take my chance on a refurbed one on ebay. The batteries can be replaced; I expect a market for these rebuilds to survive as long as the hard drives do. Prices for similar stand-alone devices are geneally nuts.
Todd Michel McComb
2018-06-19 20:02:16 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
As to the idea that the phone is "modern" and "more conveient", the
former is just bull- there's nothing about a phone that is clearly
better. And more convenient? If you prefer your music listening to be
interrupted by texts and email alerts, yeah, it's that. Forget it.
A "smartphone" is a harassment device, designed to do someone else's
bidding -- perhaps yours, incidentally, if your request aligns to
profit. There are, as yet, no viable non-profit smartphone operating
systems, for instance.

This situation is not compatible with music, at least not in my life.

Regarding music outside the home, I don't own headphones, and don't
want to withdraw from my surroundings. I aim to be present. However,
there are still locations for music: Hotels rooms (as were mentioned,
and these are generally good spots for listening), visiting a friend,
even a party or bar scene for which music is requested....

I use a small laptop, which does use a non-profit, open source OS.
(So it does only what I tell it to do, and doesn't resist.)
r***@gmail.com
2018-06-22 16:38:21 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Herman
[...]
I tried ipod touch devices, which were perfectly fine until Apple introduced its cloud. Then, just as with my iphone, music disappeared into the cloud. It makes no difference at home, but it certainly does away from home and secure wifi. (For non-US readers, the cellular network is far from complete in the US, with many areas lacking coverage, even on major highways or close to cities.)
I could find only 1 suitable cloud-free device- a Walkman NWa35 or 45. You can add an SD card up to 256GB, and it plays any format music file I have. To load them plug it into the computer, and copy files.
The interface is not as handy as an ipod, and the screen is smaller, but it works very well and a battery charge is good for continuous use on any journey I contemplate making.
I tried to get an ipod classic with SSD memory replacing the hard drive from ebay. The vendor, in China, sent a useless bit of plastic with a tracking number. Ebay was satisfied with that and ignored my complaint.
Al Eisner
2018-06-22 22:10:47 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Herman
[...]
I use an iPod Touch for similar reasons, primarily battery life and
avoidance of interruptions. I use it both for music and for apps which
do not require an Internet connection to operate. As for the "cloud"
issue raised in another response, doesn't that have to be selected on
the device? (I avoid synching if I'm connected to iTunes.)
Al Eisner
r***@gmail.com
2018-06-23 13:58:02 UTC
Post by Al Eisner
I use an iPod Touch for similar reasons, primarily battery life and
avoidance of interruptions. I use it both for music and for apps which
do not require an Internet connection to operate. As for the "cloud"
issue raised in another response, doesn't that have to be selected on
the device? (I avoid synching if I'm connected to iTunes.)
--
Al Eisner
Perhaps you are right. I certainly did not select 'connect to cloud' on my iphone by choice, but it may have been an automatic default after some 'upgrade/update'. I assumed the same would happen to wifi-connected ipod touch units similarly updated, so gave up on them too. The SOny units only get connected by usb to my computers, and, if needed, by bluetooth or wire to a car audio system. I have no need for them at home.
If anyone can tell me how to disable 'cloud' settings it would be very useful.
Richard
2018-06-26 12:48:23 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by Al Eisner
[...]
Don't give your phone your iCloud password. Then it can't use it. It
will act like it needs it, but it doesn't. You'll usually find a "skip
for now" button somewhere.

-Owen
r***@gmail.com
2018-07-03 01:42:51 UTC
Owen,
Thanks for the suggestion. Too late for me though.
AFAIK I never chose to join the cloud, and have never voluntarily used it. I have no need of off-premise storage for anything I have bought or collected, and no use for streaming services as yet. I suspect the cloud surrounded me in the course of itunes being absorbed into Apple Music, which, apart from itunes, I have never used and am never likely to. It probably has the same passwords too.
Richard
-Owen
dk
2018-07-03 07:35:52 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
AFAIK I never chose to join the cloud, and have
never voluntarily used it.
Don't worry. The cloud will join you.
Whether you like it or not! ;-)

dk
2018-07-03 17:39:45 UTC
Post by dk
Post by r***@gmail.com
AFAIK I never chose to join the cloud, and have
never voluntarily used it.
Don't worry. The cloud will join you.
Whether you like it or not! ;-)
I don't use the cloud, iCloud or otherwise. I remember what happened
when Grant Williams sailed his sailboat into the atomic cloud in the
movie "The Incredible Shrinking Man."

-Owen
Andrew Clarke
2018-06-16 13:42:15 UTC
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?
The car radio has an HDMI port, and I don't want music when I'm shopping or walking the dog or riding a bus, but AIUI there are a lot of phone-sized portable music players out there with vast memories: some will even take the gee-whizz 24 bit codecs if you really need them. For example:

<https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/portable/best-portable-music-players>

Speaking of new codecs, has anybody tried MQA?

<https://ask.audio/articles/mqa-is-this-codec-masquerading-as-high-quality-audio>

Andrew Clarke
Canberra
Mark Zimmer
2018-06-18 18:49:59 UTC
I went the refurbishing route. My old dead iPod Classic now has a 320GB solid state drive and a fresh battery. It's fatter than before, but it works like a charm. Well worth it and didn't have to migrate my library out of the iTunes environment (which, crappy as it is, still does everything I want).
MIFrost
2018-06-18 20:37:13 UTC
Post by Mark Zimmer
I went the refurbishing route. My old dead iPod Classic now has a 320GB solid state drive and a fresh battery. It's fatter than before, but it works like a charm. Well worth it and didn't have to migrate my library out of the iTunes environment (which, crappy as it is, still does everything I want).
You refurbished your dead iPod Classic? Who did it for you? Someone local to where you live? Was it costly to have done?

MIFrost
Mark Zimmer
2018-06-19 15:30:32 UTC
It was someone doing refurbishing services on eBay. As I recall it was about $225 to replace the upgraded hard drive and battery. I have no idea who it was at this point though, sorry.
2018-06-20 17:50:53 UTC
Post by Mark Zimmer
I went the refurbishing route. My old dead iPod Classic now has a 320GB solid
state drive and a fresh battery. It's fatter than before, but it works like a
charm. Well worth it and didn't have to migrate my library out of the iTunes
environment (which, crappy as it is, still does everything I want).
Congratulations on finding what sounds like a perfect solution for you!

We don't get too many of those.

-Owen
r***@gmail.com
2018-06-19 01:38:13 UTC
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made. It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options? I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and that's more than enough. What do you use?
TIA
MIFrost
I was in the same boat. I used my ipod classic until I could no longer add music to it since it was no longer supported. I used my iphone intil I found that music I had placed on it from CDs had been removed to the icloud. It still showed on the phone. I could not listen to it while driving since I was in a cellular dead zone (in the hills behind Apple HQ in Cupertino, and in the hills within Palo Alto behind Google etc.)
This ruled out using any ipod touch, since their content can also be removed to the cloud.
I found an alternative in a SOny Walkman NW A35 or 45. It has bluetooth, and internet via USB. It also has a headphone socket, so I use that for in-car listening.
It plays most digital formats, including flac etc., and can be loaded from a PC via the USB connection, It has no wifi or cellular connection, so its content has not yet been removed to someone's cloud.
I find its menus hard to get used to after ipods, but they work.
I added 256GB SDHC cards, so the total capacity is nearly 300GB. The sound is excellent, and it has FM reception. This is no use to me as there is no FM worth listening to, but it may appeal to you.
A.A.
2018-06-21 21:02:48 UTC
Is there an actually discernible difference between the expensive dedicated music players like Astell & Kern products and regular iPods?
dk
2018-07-03 07:34:34 UTC
Post by MIFrost
I've been using an iPod Classic which is no longer made.
It's dying on me and I'll need to replace it soon. I'm
considering an iPod Touch but do I have any other options?
I want to be able to connect and sync to iTunes. Something
with 4 or 8 or 16 MB won't do. My Classic has 160 MB and
that's more than enough. What do you use?
Use your iPhone. Get the 256 GB version and
you can store all the recordings ever made
of all the Bruckner and Mahler symphonies!

dk
Raymond Hall
2018-07-03 11:30:40 UTC
-Use your iPhone. Get the 256 GB version and
-you can store all the recordings ever made
-of all the Bruckner and Mahler symphonies!

...? And leave no room for Miles, Bill Evans, and Siouxsie and the Banshees? And Bach and Sibelius? No way Jose !!
;)

Ray Hall, Taree
Al Eisner
2018-07-06 21:41:22 UTC
-Use your iPhone. Get the 256 GB version and
-you can store all the recordings ever made
-of all the Bruckner and Mahler symphonies!
...? And leave no room for Miles, Bill Evans, and Siouxsie and the Banshees? And Bach and Sibelius? No way Jose !!
;)
Ray Hall, Taree
You would have to carefully manage the space. For example, you would
have room for only one Banshee, perhaps only early Miles, and no Jose at
all.

Al
r***@gmail.com
2018-07-08 19:12:39 UTC
You could, if you used 64kbps mp3. I wouldn't consider that useful though. My 290GB sony fills up quite quickly, even using VBR mp3s at high quality settings. Using flac or mp4 it fills up even more quickly.
Raymond Hall
2018-07-08 22:12:15 UTC
-You would have to carefully manage the space.  For example, you would
-have room for only one Banshee, perhaps only early Miles, and no Jose at
-all.

I'm into late (post 69) Miles these days.
;)

Ray Hall, Taree