Domingo conductsat Bayreuth
2018-08-04 00:34:52 UTC
Judging from the booing, it appears that Mr. Domingo's vanity turn as conductor at Bayreuth didn't go so well.

https://www.nordbayerischer-kurier.de/inhalt.festspiele-die-walkuere-buh-rufe-fuer-placido-domingo.b90f3736-9067-44fe-b906-d804d1f573ce.html

For those who don't read German the review is pretty much a slam esp. compared to Petrenkos conducting in the same production. It also says that it appeared Domingo did not believe the booing when he came out for his solo bow and after only came out for bows with others.
Bozo
2018-08-04 17:01:08 UTC
From Lebrecht : http://slippedisc.com/2018/08/placido-domingo-is-booed-at-bayreuth/
Bozo
2018-08-04 19:32:18 UTC
Thielemann Bayreuth interview :

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/01/arts/trade-secrets-from-the-wagner-festival-whisperer.html
m***@gmail.com
2018-08-04 20:48:14 UTC
From Lebrecht : http://slippedisc.com/2018/08/placido-domingo-is-booed-at-bayreuth/
He must be the only idiot who calls Katharina Wagner "Katie"
Thornhill
2018-08-04 22:06:03 UTC
I'm not really sure what the audience was expecting. If you're going to Bayreuth then you're likely an experienced opera-goer who knows that Domingo is a second-rate conductor. Why go unless you just wanted to boo?
Bozo
2018-08-04 22:17:10 UTC
To be seen ?
Oscar
2018-08-04 23:33:15 UTC
I’d have booed and cajoled and hissed and threw shelled peanuts, too. Domingo is a known bat-corker and sign stealer.
Bozo
2018-08-05 00:31:06 UTC
What a waste of peanuts ; I eat shells and all !
m***@gmail.com
2018-08-05 04:18:33 UTC
So do I with pumpkin seeds
h***@gmail.com
2018-08-05 09:15:53 UTC
The Yankees need someone like Domingo at this very moment.

2018-08-05 04:18:08 UTC
Bayreuth isn't Salzburg - you don't go there to be seen except maybe on opening day. You tend to see the same people there over and over (with some breaks)
m***@gmail.com
Maybe you didn't get a chance to see the Castorf Ring and this gave you a chanced to see at least a part of it???
2018-08-05 14:19:20 UTC
Post by Thornhill
Post by m***@gmail.com
Judging from the booing, it appears that Mr. Domingo's vanity turn as
conductor at Bayreuth didn't go so well.
https://www.nordbayerischer-kurier.de/inhalt.festspiele-die-walkuere-buh-ruf
e-fuer-placido-domingo.b90f3736-9067-44fe-b906-d804d1f573ce.html
For those who don't read German the review is pretty much a slam esp.
compared to Petrenkos conducting in the same production. It also says that
it appeared Domingo did not believe the booing when he came out for his
solo bow and after only came out for bows with others.
I'm not really sure what the audience was expecting. If you're going to
Bayreuth then you're likely an experienced opera-goer who knows that Domingo
is a second-rate conductor. Why go unless you just wanted to boo?
Maybe they got only a third rate performance out of the second-rate
conductor.

-Owen
graham
2018-08-05 14:27:06 UTC
[...]