Wilhelm Backhaus - The Complete Decca Recordings
Add Reply
Rosin
2019-06-13 06:42:27 UTC
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/wilhelm-backhaus-the-complete-decca-recordings/hnum/9275187

A long overdue tribute to one of the greatest pianists of 20th century, including first international release of the 1950s Beethoven Piano Sonatas as well as his last recital.
t***@gmail.com
2019-06-29 03:38:00 UTC
Thank you! It's on pre-sale at Amazon.it.
J.A.W.
2019-08-23 20:57:21 UTC
Got a message today that the Backhaus set has been postponed indefinitely. Doesn't sound good.
Randy Lane
2019-08-23 21:53:11 UTC
The release date on Amazon.de got pushed back to December a few weeks ago.
J.A.W.
2019-08-23 22:58:39 UTC
I know, that's why I asked another store about it (JPC) and they confirmed the release date of the set had been put back indefinitely. Like Amazon Germany JPC have now posted a December 31 date on their site, but they said that it is a fictional release date.
Randy Lane
2019-08-23 23:12:55 UTC
I am fine with the delay. September and October already have enough new stuff I want.
drh8h
2019-08-24 00:02:37 UTC
Post by J.A.W.
Got a message today that the Backhaus set has been postponed indefinitely. Doesn't sound good.
Rather obviates the purpose of being a fiftieth-anniversary commemoration. I wonder if its technical problems, budget or too ambitious a release schedule. Guess this means I have more money for Bruno Walter.

DH
Randy Lane
2019-08-24 01:07:47 UTC
Likely technical/QA.
A few years ago an industry worker with executive contacts told me an error requiring replacements erases all profits. Some of the early sets (Gould, Karajan) supposedly made no profit because of the glitches.
Last years gaff with the Pavarotti sleeves was bad, but I've never seen anyone successful getting them replaced.
J.A.W.
2019-09-19 23:48:43 UTC
Checked several stores again concerning the release date of the Backhaus set and it's now listed as either unavailable or a fictional date is mentioned.
Invocation
2019-09-20 03:37:18 UTC
在 2019年9月19日星期四 UTC-4下午7:48:45,J.A.W.写道:
Post by J.A.W.
Checked several stores again concerning the release date of the Backhaus set and it's now listed as either unavailable or a fictional date is mentioned.
Presto now lists it as release on Dec 27, 2019:
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8664396--wilhelm-backhaus-complete-decca-recordings
J.A.W.
2019-09-20 11:10:31 UTC
That is a fictional date. Other stores mention 31 December. There's no actual release date yet.
drh8h
2019-09-20 11:58:43 UTC
Post by J.A.W.
Checked several stores again concerning the release date of the Backhaus set and it's now listed as either unavailable or a fictional date is mentioned.
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8664396--wilhelm-backhaus-complete-decca-recordings
That is a fictional date. Other stores mention 31 December. There's no actual release date yet.
If you look at the mock-up picture on Amazon in higher resolution, you will see on the open page of the booklet a disc running to 91.15! Maybe somebody decided that was not a good idea?

DH