FOU TS'ONG...
Add Reply
MELMOTH
2021-11-20 14:42:40 UTC
I am rediscovering an absolutely fabulous pianist : *Fou Ts ong*...

You can listen to his Scarlatti, Chopin, Debussy...
Of the same quality as Samson François or ABM...
HT
2021-11-20 16:25:03 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
I am rediscovering an absolutely fabulous pianist : *Fou Ts ong*...
You can listen to his Scarlatti, Chopin, Debussy...
Of the same quality as Samson François or ABM...
He's very good. I like in particular his Debussy. Somehow I prefer François and ABM in Chopin.

2021-11-21 00:24:57 UTC
Post by HT
Post by MELMOTH
I am rediscovering an absolutely fabulous pianist : *Fou Ts ong*...
You can listen to his Scarlatti, Chopin, Debussy...
Of the same quality as Samson François or ABM...
He's very good. I like in particular his Debussy. Somehow I prefer François and ABM in Chopin.
Henk
There are two Fou boxes available. One of his CBS Chopin recordings made during 1978-1984.

https://www.amazon.com/Fou-Tsong-Plays-Chopin-Collection/dp/B098S1FJ4H

Also, from Australian Eloquence, a collection of his Westminster recordings (forthcoming 11/26). I'm not sure, but I don't think this is all of them.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/fou-ong-complete-westminster-recordings/028948437122
Dan Koren
2021-11-21 02:27:55 UTC
On Saturday, November 20, 2021 at 7:25:04 PM UTC-5, Frank Berger wrote:
.
Post by Frank Berger
There are two Fou boxes available.
Tou Fou ?!?

2021-11-21 03:44:37 UTC
Post by Dan Koren
.
Post by Frank Berger
There are two Fou boxes available.
Tou Fou ?!?
dk
Fou too.
Dan Koren
2021-11-21 03:46:54 UTC
Post by Dan Koren
.
Post by Frank Berger
There are two Fou boxes available.
Tou Fou ?!?
Fou too.
Not edible.

Here's some real music that even Melmoth and
gggg gggg can probably enjoy:

dk
HT
2021-11-21 10:40:31 UTC
Post by Dan Koren
Post by Frank Berger
Post by Dan Koren
.
Post by Frank Berger
There are two Fou boxes available.
Tou Fou ?!?
Fou too.
Not edible.
Here's some real music that even Melmoth and
http://youtu.be/y2mj9iuQfFE
dk
Good to hear from you. Thanks for the great link. Great music played in a "different' way.

Henk
Dan Koren
2021-11-20 18:42:32 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
I am rediscovering an absolutely fabulous pianist : *Fou Ts ong*...
You can listen to his Scarlatti, Chopin, Debussy...
Of the same quality as Samson François or ABM...
66 years after he was discovered by the rest of the
world? The cave you live in must be reaaaally deep
below the surface!

dk
unknown
2021-11-22 20:54:18 UTC
Post by Dan Koren
Post by MELMOTH
I am rediscovering an absolutely fabulous pianist : *Fou Ts ong*...
You can listen to his Scarlatti, Chopin, Debussy...
Of the same quality as Samson François or ABM...
66 years after he was discovered by the rest of the
world? The cave you live in must be reaaaally deep
below the surface!
Isn't his music kept out of print? It's hard to discover something
if it's not available.
Frank Berger
Some has been out of print. Some has been in print. His CBS recordings were released by Sony and his Westminster recordings (not sure if it's all of then) are about to be released by Australian Eloquence.
Frank Lekens
2021-11-23 19:54:26 UTC
Post by Dan Koren
Post by MELMOTH
I am rediscovering an absolutely fabulous pianist : *Fou Ts ong*...
You can listen to his Scarlatti, Chopin, Debussy...
Of the same quality as Samson François or ABM...
66 years after he was discovered by the rest of the
world? The cave you live in must be reaaaally deep
below the surface!
Isn't his music kept out of print?  It's hard to discover something
if it's not available.
Some has been out of print.  Some has been in print.  His CBS recordings
were released by Sony and his Westminster recordings (not sure if it's
all of then) are about to be released by Australian Eloquence.
And both are already on Spotify.
It's curious that these sets happen to have been issued within a year of
his death. It almost makes me wonder whether he himself didn't want them
reissued when he was still alive.
--
Frank Lekens

http://fmlekens.home.xs4all.nl/
https://franklekens.blogspot.nl/
Mandryka
2021-11-20 19:32:59 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
I am rediscovering an absolutely fabulous pianist : *Fou Ts ong*...
You can listen to his Scarlatti, Chopin, Debussy...
Of the same quality as Samson François or ABM...
Of the solo music, one I appreciate a lot is first set of Chopin mazurkas.