Closures??
Jonathan Ben Schragadove
2021-12-15 18:24:03 UTC
Looks like ArkivMusic and HBDirect have shut down...? Does anyone have more information about this?
mINE109
2021-12-15 19:37:38 UTC
Post by Jonathan Ben Schragadove
Looks like ArkivMusic and HBDirect have shut down...? Does anyone
have more information about this?
Arkiv is down for "system upgrades." The timing seems odd during the
gift season, but in the absence of other news I'd expect them back.
Frank Berger
2021-12-15 20:09:55 UTC
We could be looking at a boiler-plate page that pops up when something goes wrong like a server going down (intentionally or not). I'm not sure there's reason for optimism.
Frank Berger
2021-12-15 22:06:54 UTC
https://www.zdnet.com/article/log4j-update-experts-say-log4shell-exploits-will-persist-for-months-if-not-years/
I assume you mean we are right to be concerned. We don't knot that Arkiv's issue is the log4 thing, right?
mINE109
Yes, I didn't mean to be taken literally.
Frank Berger
I don't expect to be taken seriously.
Owen
2021-12-16 04:13:07 UTC
Post by mINE109
Looks like ArkivMusic and HBDirect have shut down...?  Does anyone
have more information about this?
Arkiv is down for "system upgrades." The timing seems odd during the
gift season, but in the absence of other news I'd expect them back.
We could be looking at a boiler-plate page that pops up when something
goes wrong like a server going down (intentionally or not).  I'm not
sure there's reason for optimism.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/log4j-update-experts-say-log4shell-exploits-will-persist-for-months-if-not-years/
Yes. The log4J library was used by people who used code from other
people who also used the log4J library, who used code ...

So, the fix is very easy, it's determining where all the spots are that
you have to fix!

-Owen
Jonathan Ben Schragadove
2022-01-02 08:16:44 UTC
Looks like ArkivMusic and HBDirect have shut down...? Does anyone have more information about this?
Update: When I checked my mail the other day, I was quite surprised to see a package from ArkivMusic - I had no pending orders and they've been out of business now for several weeks!! It turns out it was a title I had ordered and already received months ago!
Peter
2022-01-02 23:18:18 UTC
I had the same experience! I received a duplicate from Arkiv of Pettersson's Symphony No. 12 ("Death in the Square") a few days ago. Not an easy CD to give away; it's way too grim for most people, maybe even me except very occasionally.
Frank Berger
2022-01-03 00:28:57 UTC
Post by Peter
I had the same experience! I received a duplicate from Arkiv of Pettersson's Symphony No. 12 ("Death in the Square") a few days ago. Not an easy CD to give away; it's way too grim for most people, maybe even me except very occasionally.
Looks like ArkivMusic and HBDirect have shut down...? Does anyone have more information about this?
Update: When I checked my mail the other day, I was quite surprised to see a package from ArkivMusic - I had no pending orders and they've been out of business now for several weeks!! It turns out it was a title I had ordered and already received months ago!
Theory: They've shut down, but did the responsible thing and are shipping open orders. In some cases, orders that were shipped were not recorded as such, so an extra copy is sent. Or not.