Bonynge's complete ballet recordings
2020-12-20 10:33:57 UTC
In celebration of Richard Bonynge's 90th birthday in September Decca has
released his Complete Ballet Recordings, a 45-CD limited edition box set.

Contents:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Bonynge-Ballet-Collection/dp/B08CWJ8GZX
Discussion by Bonynge:

Herman
2020-12-20 16:25:36 UTC
45 cd's of ballet music would drive me up the wall.
OTOH there are some ballets in this box that perhaps have completely left the rep of recorded music.
m***@icloud.com
2020-12-20 17:40:57 UTC
http://youtu.be/E99V17_Iei4
I am sure as Herman has said a service is being done to the corners of the ballet repertoire - not really for me but it has its market. Am I the only one who thinks it a little odd that DECCA has gone to the trouble of this edition when it has not done the same for his wife's recordings? All we have had for the 10th anniversary of her death is a single disc Eloquence offering. Do we really have to wait for the birth centenary in 2026?
gggg gggg
2021-01-08 00:01:40 UTC
Post by Gerard
In celebration of Richard Bonynge's 90th birthday in September Decca has
released his Complete Ballet Recordings, a 45-CD limited edition box set.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Richard-Bonynge-Ballet-Collection/dp/B08CWJ8GZX
http://youtu.be/E99V17_Iei4
(Recent Youtube upload):

Review: The Three Bs--The Bonynge Ballet Box (Naturally!)
number_six
2021-01-08 00:23:18 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
Review: The Three Bs--The Bonynge Ballet Box (Naturally!)
Where is the companion Sutherland Singing Set?