APR's latest: Magda Tagliaferro - The Complete 78 rpm Recordings 3CD
2020-08-28 17:40:35 UTC
Saw this on AppleMusic last night for Friday release. Diving into its contents today. It appears the physical release will be issued on 9/4. Would like to know restoration engineer and any other nifty details about this one. Will be a nice complement to the DOREMI Legendary Treasures 3CD release from 2009. Must-order from Presto.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8803320--magda-tagliaferro-the-complete-78-rpm-solo-and-concerto-recordings
drh8h
2020-08-29 02:59:11 UTC
Post by Oscar
Saw this on AppleMusic last night for Friday release. Diving into its contents today. It appears the physical release will be issued on 9/4. Would like to know restoration engineer and any other nifty details about this one. Will be a nice complement to the DOREMI Legendary Treasures 3CD release from 2009. Must-order from Presto.
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8803320--magda-tagliaferro-the-complete-78-rpm-solo-and-concerto-recordings
I don't know why the restoration is not credited on the back insert, but this was completely a Ward Marston job. I have heard two discs already. If anyone has an interest in the artist, definitely a must purchase.

DH
George
2020-08-29 03:21:32 UTC
Post by drh8h
Post by Oscar
Saw this on AppleMusic last night for Friday release. Diving into its contents today. It appears the physical release will be issued on 9/4. Would like to know restoration engineer and any other nifty details about this one. Will be a nice complement to the DOREMI Legendary Treasures 3CD release from 2009. Must-order from Presto.
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8803320--magda-tagliaferro-the-complete-78-rpm-solo-and-concerto-recordings
I don't know why the restoration is not credited on the back insert, but this was completely a Ward Marston job. I have heard two discs already. If anyone has an interest in the artist, definitely a must purchase.
DH
Thanks for clarifying who did the transfers. Ward Marston's work is an auto-buy for me. Folks who wish to sample this set in full can do so on Spotify.

George
George
2020-08-29 03:18:24 UTC
Post by Oscar
Saw this on AppleMusic last night for Friday release. Diving into its contents today. It appears the physical release will be issued on 9/4. Would like to know restoration engineer and any other nifty details about this one. Will be a nice complement to the DOREMI Legendary Treasures 3CD release from 2009. Must-order from Presto.
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8803320--magda-tagliaferro-the-complete-78-rpm-solo-and-concerto-recordings
This looks to be great! Thanks for the heads up.

George
weary flake
2020-08-29 16:16:39 UTC
Post by Oscar
Saw this on AppleMusic last night for Friday release. Diving into its
contents today. It appears the physical release will be issued on 9/4.
Would like to know restoration engineer and any other nifty details
about this one. Will be a nice complement to the DOREMI Legendary
Treasures 3CD release from 2009. Must-order from Presto.
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8803320--magda-tagliaferro-the-complete-78-rpm-solo-and-concerto-recordings
The CDs were issued a few days ago and I have it.