interview with Kirill Petrenko
2019-05-17 10:36:52 UTC
interview with Kirill Petrenko

About Thaikovsky (and his 5th symphony) and Schönberg (violin concerto).

https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/interview/51854-6

(Deutsch, with English subtitles)
Kerrison
2019-05-17 11:20:10 UTC
Post by Gerard
interview with Kirill Petrenko
About Thaikovsky (and his 5th symphony) and Schönberg (violin concerto).
https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/interview/51854-6
(Deutsch, with English subtitles)
He gave a wonderful performance of the Elgar 2nd Symphony with the Berlin PO a few years back but it's a pity there's only a 3-minute sampler on YouTube instead of the whole thing ...

Andrew Clarke
2019-05-17 12:27:28 UTC
Post by Kerrison
Post by Gerard
interview with Kirill Petrenko
About Thaikovsky (and his 5th symphony) and Schönberg (violin concerto).
https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/interview/51854-6
(Deutsch, with English subtitles)
He gave a wonderful performance of the Elgar 2nd Symphony with the Berlin PO a few years back but it's a pity there's only a 3-minute sampler on YouTube instead of the whole thing ...
http://youtu.be/Aftq_Yrudv8
The whole performance is available on the BPO's Digital Concert Hall. There is a subscription, but it's well worth the money.

Andrew Clarke
Canberra
Ricardo Jimenez
2019-05-17 17:37:33 UTC
On Fri, 17 May 2019 05:27:28 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Clarke
Post by Andrew Clarke
Post by Kerrison
Post by Gerard
interview with Kirill Petrenko
About Thaikovsky (and his 5th symphony) and Schönberg (violin concerto).
https://www.digitalconcerthall.com/en/interview/51854-6
(Deutsch, with English subtitles)
He gave a wonderful performance of the Elgar 2nd Symphony with the Berlin PO a few years back but it's a pity there's only a 3-minute sampler on YouTube instead of the whole thing ...
http://youtu.be/Aftq_Yrudv8
The whole performance is available on the BPO's Digital Concert Hall. There is a subscription, but it's well worth the money.
Andrew Clarke
Canberra
His Elgar performances of both symphonies, Enigma Variations and
shorter works with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic are available on
Spotify.
msw design
2019-05-17 18:42:30 UTC
Different Petrenko. Worthy Elgar, yes, but a fine Elgar 2 out of the BPO is going to impress me more than one from the RLPO. Here's hoping.
msw design
2019-05-17 18:58:43 UTC
Post by msw design
Post by Ricardo Jimenez
His Elgar performances of both symphonies, Enigma Variations and
shorter works with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic are available on
Spotify.
Different Petrenko. Worthy Elgar, yes, but a fine Elgar 2 out of the BPO is going to impress me more than one from the RLPO. Here's hoping.
Actually, it will be fun to put this up against Kirill:

Kerrison
2019-05-18 06:48:53 UTC
Post by msw design
Post by msw design
Post by Ricardo Jimenez
His Elgar performances of both symphonies, Enigma Variations and
shorter works with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic are available on
Spotify.
Different Petrenko. Worthy Elgar, yes, but a fine Elgar 2 out of the BPO is going to impress me more than one from the RLPO. Here's hoping.
http://youtu.be/f8cUFZ2T0X0
Both of the Petrenkos give excellent performances of the Elgar 2nd and as Andrew Clarke correctly says, the complete Berlin PO video is well worth the subscription.

Vasily also played it in Madrid with the Spanish Radio & TV Orchestra. It can't have been a familiar work there but the Spanish audience seemed reasonably enthusiastic at the end. Unfortunately the audio quality on this upload of the TV transmission from Madrid isn't as good as that on the BBC Proms relay when VP conducted the RLPO ...

Bozo
2019-08-27 18:51:59 UTC
New York Times yesterday :

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/26/arts/music/berlin-philharmonic-conductor-kirill-petrenko.html
Ricardo Jimenez
2019-05-17 20:56:56 UTC
On Fri, 17 May 2019 11:42:30 -0700 (PDT), msw design
Post by msw design
Post by Ricardo Jimenez
His Elgar performances of both symphonies, Enigma Variations and
shorter works with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic are available on
Spotify.
Different Petrenko. Worthy Elgar, yes, but a fine Elgar 2 out of the BPO is going to impress me more than one from the RLPO. Here's hoping.
Sorry about that. I didn't realize there are both a Vasily and Kirill
Petrenko. Kirill also has albums on Spotify of music by Scriabin,
Tchaikovsky, Suk and others but no Elgar.