Lady Macbeth by Shostakovich
Add Reply
Lawrence Chalmers
2019-08-07 03:49:26 UTC
Which Rostropovich emi recording includes the full libretto? What dvd of the opera would you recommend?
number_six
2019-08-10 23:26:28 UTC
I like many 20th century operas but didn't ever engage in my lone listen to this one. It was Chung's recording, not Slava. Maybe I'll give it another go but the competition is fierce -- lots of stuff lined up...
Randy Lane
2019-08-11 01:30:45 UTC
The Great Recordings of the Century release of the Rostropovich has the full libretto.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005YUBC/

This one has the libretto on one of the CDs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KBHX3XW/