and the good news is....
2018-08-05 17:49:23 UTC
http://www.lvz.de/Nachrichten/Kultur/Der-Geiger-Stefan-Arzberger-spielt-in-der-Leipziger-Nikolaikirche

The violinist Stefan Arzberger, who got into major trouble after deliriously attacking a woman in a hotel (somebody had dropped something in his drink in the hotel bar) has rejoined the Leipzig Quartet after his case has been dismissed, he's in a new relationship and father of a new baby girl. He's concert master of the Munchen Philharmonic now, in addition to first violin in the Quartet.

As someone commented on Slipped Disc (where Lebrecht floated the hilariously weird rumor that Arzberger had asked for US citizenship after his delightful experience in NYC) hopefully he'll watch his drinks somewhat more closely henceforth.

And so one cannot help but wonder what Conrad Muck, the former Petersen violinist who sat in Arzberger's chair for two years, is going to do next.
Frank Berger
I believe there's a transsexual hooker available for appointments.
Herman
2018-08-05 19:51:40 UTC
dozens
AB
2018-08-06 01:33:16 UTC
[...]
do you possibley mean tri-sexual?

AB
2018-08-06 02:03:10 UTC
Post by AB
[...]
Those are only available in the Tri-State area.

I don't know.
Bozo
2018-08-07 13:36:57 UTC
And the bad news is ( posted at another on-line CM group by a member there ) ? :

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/03/arts/music/brexit-howard-goodall-classical-music.html
Herman
2018-08-07 14:21:08 UTC
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/03/arts/music/brexit-howard-goodall-classical-music.html
there's a hint of similar bad news in Arzberger's story. He says that the Leipzig Qt used to give more than a hundred concert per calendar year, but that time is over.
m***@gmail.com
Lebrecht is the National Enquirer for classical music.
n***@gmail.com
2018-08-07 14:10:59 UTC
http://www.lvz.de/Nachrichten/Kultur/Der-Geiger-Stefan-Arzberger-spielt-in-der-Leipziger-Nikolaikirche
The violinist Stefan Arzberger, who got into major trouble after deliriously attacking a woman in a hotel (somebody had dropped something in his drink in the hotel bar) has rejoined the Leipzig Quartet after his case has been dismissed, he's in a new relationship and father of a new baby girl. He's concert master of the Munchen Philharmonic now, in addition to first violin in the Quartet.
As someone commented on Slipped Disc (where Lebrecht floated the hilariously weird rumor that Arzberger had asked for US citizenship after his delightful experience in NYC) hopefully he'll watch his drinks somewhat more closely henceforth.
Now, would the woman he tried to strangle think it's good news? Did he enter the bar (before being drugged) for the purpose of 'socializing' with NYC Americans, whatever that socializing implies? He could well have had room service send him the booze he so desired, if there wasn't a stock of alcoholic beverages in a frig in his room. I'd believe this drugged explanation if blood tests showed it to be true, then again even if the tests came up positive, he could have bought the drugs and taken them himself. Unfortunately many people in NYC use the same drug, it's doubtful that the run around naked strangling people. IAE NYC was probably "delighted" to be rid of him.
Herman
2018-08-07 14:19:58 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Now, would the woman he tried to strangle think it's good news?
I don't know, but sending him to jail would not unstrangle her, but would cost a lot of tax money, like any person jailed.
My guess is most people in NYC never heard of this case, since it really wasn't that important.
Frank Berger
2018-08-07 14:30:15 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Post by Herman
http://www.lvz.de/Nachrichten/Kultur/Der-Geiger-Stefan-Arzberger-spielt-in-der-Leipziger-Nikolaikirche
The violinist Stefan Arzberger, who got into major trouble after deliriously attacking a woman in a hotel (somebody had dropped something in his drink in the hotel bar) has rejoined the Leipzig Quartet after his case has been dismissed, he's in a new relationship and father of a new baby girl. He's concert master of the Munchen Philharmonic now, in addition to first violin in the Quartet.
As someone commented on Slipped Disc (where Lebrecht floated the hilariously weird rumor that Arzberger had asked for US citizenship after his delightful experience in NYC) hopefully he'll watch his drinks somewhat more closely henceforth.
Now, would the woman he tried to strangle think it's good news?
I read in one story that the woman was OK with his lenient treatment.

Did he enter the bar (before being drugged) for the purpose of
'socializing' with NYC Americans, whatever that socializing implies? He
could well have had room service send him the booze he so desired, if
there wasn't a stock of alcoholic beverages in a frig in his room. I'd
believe this drugged explanation if blood tests showed it to be true,
then again even if the tests came up positive, he could have bought the
drugs and taken them himself. Unfortunately many people in NYC use the
same drug, it's doubtful that the run around naked strangling people.
IAE NYC was probably "delighted" to be rid of him.
I don't know if a blood test was done if not why not, but video showed a
woman leaving his room and shortly thereafter his odd behavior began. I
think they believed him or at least thought a prosecution would not be
successful.
Oscar
2018-08-07 15:51:01 UTC
Wonder if Arzburger ever personally apologized to the 60-something year-old tourist from North Carolina he wished to murder. And if he told his pastor of his transgressions. We know if wife found out, and divorced him forthwith. He rebounded with a younger, better version of her, though (I guess), and healthy new offspring. But what of the original sins of the father?
Frank Berger
2018-08-07 16:13:30 UTC
Post by Oscar
Wonder if Arzburger ever personally apologized to the 60-something year-old tourist from North Carolina he wished to murder. And if he told his pastor of his transgressions. We know if wife found out, and divorced him forthwith. He rebounded with a younger, better version of her, though (I guess), and healthy new offspring. But what of the original sins of the father?
Not sure what you are carrying on about, Oscar. We really know very
little. Best to withhold judgement, don't you think? We can judge him
negatively for choosing to dally with a hooker, I suppose, but after
that he may not be responsible. It looks like he was drugged. His wife
left him. Is he supposed to remain celibate after that? Perhaps what he
has suffered is appropriate to the crime he committed. I don't think we
can know, and am not sure we should even be thinking about it.
Herman
2018-08-07 18:17:06 UTC
Post by Oscar
Wonder if Arzburger ever personally apologized to the 60-something year-old tourist from North Carolina he wished to murder. And if he told his pastor of his transgressions. We know if wife found out, and divorced him forthwith. He rebounded with a younger, better version of her, though (I guess), and healthy new offspring. But what of the original sins of the father?
I know you have strong feelings about this matter, but I don't think "his wife divorced him forthwith" squares with the facts. That a drawnout case like this takes a toll on a marriage goes without saying.

The "his pastor" part is a little weird, too. Who says Arzberger is in a church community?
Frank Berger
2018-08-07 18:30:50 UTC
A rare case of our being in agreement, Herman. Refreshing, but odd.
AB
2018-08-07 19:25:26 UTC
The "his pastor" part is a little weird, too. Who says Arzberger is in a church community?
A rare case of our being in agreement, Herman. Refreshing, but odd.
get used to it, I did:-)

AB
Bozo
2018-08-07 22:34:02 UTC
Refreshing, but odd.
I like to think sums up us all at rmcr.

n***@gmail.com
Perhaps the only person on drugs was his lawyer who invented that verkakte story. :-)
Frank Berger
2018-08-07 18:29:30 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Post by Frank Berger
Post by n***@gmail.com
Post by Herman
And so one cannot help but wonder what Conrad Muck, the former Petersen violinist who sat in Arzberger's chair for two years, is going to do next.
Perhaps the only person on drugs was his lawyer who invented that verkakte story. :-)
The New York Post reported that hotel video shows Arzberger going to his
room accompanied by (apparently) a woman who left shortly later with
Arzberger's iPad. The "woman" was later identified as a man. I don't
know their source but it is apparently not Arzberger's lawyer. The
story about being drugged rings true to me and I think to the
authorities. I read somewhere something about the victim being ok with
Arzberger getting off easy, but I can't find that now. Nor can I find
anything about how her civil suit against him turned out. I'm not sure
if the last two sentences are inconsistent.