Brilliant's 150-cd complete Bach works for $100
bill carroll
2008-01-18 21:09:38 UTC
The Canadian dollar is at par with the greenback. Yesterday at HMV in
downtown Toronto we picked up Brilliant's 150-cd Bach Edition for
$100. The five or six cds we've sampled are first rate. We've got
tons of other Bach and this giant box is a fantastic addition for
the price.
bill carroll, toronto
El Klauso
2008-01-18 22:02:14 UTC
Got mine for $85 American about a year ago, and I'm still working my
way through it.
d***@yahoo.com
2008-01-18 22:31:21 UTC
Post by El Klauso
Got mine for $85 American about a year ago, and I'm still working my
way through it.
"working" would be the operative word for it.

TD
El Klauso
2008-01-19 05:00:02 UTC
"Working" would be the operative word for it.
TD

It gives those of us in the low rent district at least an opportunity
to hear the complete output. (You're not really against the masses
having access to JSB, are you TD?) Granted, not all of the
performances have been of life or death vitality or teeming with
masterful cosmic insights, but they don't need to be. "Pleasant" and
"Competent" aren't necessarily pejoratives in an enterprise of this
sort.
TareeDawg
2008-01-19 05:24:40 UTC
Post by El Klauso
"Working" would be the operative word for it.
TD
It gives those of us in the low rent district at least an opportunity
to hear the complete output. (You're not really against the masses
having access to JSB, are you TD?)
Yes he is actually. But he does want to sell you the most expensive (and
therefore 'the best') new Beethoven cycle, be it symphonies or sonatas.
Preferably played by the VPO - (whoops!!!!! well as far as TD goes, make
that 'an orchestra').

Ray (Dawg) Hall, Taree
Proboscis
But the best are non-existing artists, such as Joyce Hatto. ;-)
EM
2008-01-19 15:29:35 UTC
Post by Proboscis
But the best are non-existing artists, such as Joyce Hatto. ;-)
Of course, for a non-existing musician to excel in the ears of devoted
fans, I beg your pardon, I mean critical experts, is quite an
achievement. ;-)

EM
Steve de Mena
2008-01-19 01:25:43 UTC
Post by bill carroll
The Canadian dollar is at par with the greenback. Yesterday at HMV in
downtown Toronto we picked up Brilliant's 150-cd Bach Edition for
$100.
Including GST & PST?

it's $125.99 out the door at Amazon U.S.

Steve
j***@aol.com
2008-01-19 02:07:32 UTC
Post by Steve de Mena
The Canadian dollar is at par with the greenback.  Yesterday at HMV in
downtown Toronto we picked  up Brilliant's 150-cd Bach Edition for
$100.
Including GST & PST?
it's $125.99 out the door at Amazon U.S.
Steve
Barnes and Noble online had it and I was able to use a 30 percent off
coupon with no problem. I was happy to get it for the complete
cantatas (in somewhat uneven performances), but the complete organ
music is pretty impressive, and the violin sonatas are good. Can't
say that I've listened to most of it. Yet.
Andrej Kluge
2008-01-22 20:50:13 UTC
Hi,
Post by bill carroll
The Canadian dollar is at par with the greenback. Yesterday at HMV in
downtown Toronto we picked up Brilliant's 150-cd Bach Edition for
$100.
Which HMV? On saturday I've been in one on Jonge street (near Jonge/Dundas),
where the classical dept is in the uppermost floor, and was not too
enthusiastic. Did I miss the real one?

Ciao
A.
m***@comcast.net
2008-01-23 02:43:11 UTC
Post by Andrej Kluge
Hi,
The Canadian dollar is at par with the greenback.  Yesterday at HMV in
downtown Toronto we picked  up Brilliant's 150-cd Bach Edition for
$100.
Which HMV? On saturday I've been in one on Jonge street (near Jonge/Dundas),
where the classical dept is in the uppermost floor, and was not too
enthusiastic. Did I miss the real one?
There's also an HMV on Yonge Street....

Marc Perman
Andrej Kluge