Google Groups "Reply to author"
Add Reply
mswd...@gmail.com
2021-04-01 12:49:30 UTC
In my interface, "reply to author" is greyed out and mousing over reveals a message that "I do not have permissions" to perform such an action. Does anyone?

I suppose there are privacy reasons for such an action, but in some circumstances, it is best to take a coversation offline.
dk
2021-04-01 19:32:47 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
In my interface, "reply to author" is greyed out and mousing over reveals a
message that "I do not have permissions" to perform such an action. Does
anyone?
I suppose there are privacy reasons for such an action, but in
some circumstances, it is best to take a coversation offline.
Which interface are you using? Just the browser, or do you use
a desktop or mobile newsreader client application? Try replying
to the author on this message -- let's see what happens.

dk
Dan Koren
2021-04-01 19:57:20 UTC
In my interface, "reply to author" is grayed out and mousing
over reveals a message that "I do not have permissions" to
perform such an action. Does anyone?
I suppose there are privacy reasons for such an action, but in
some circumstances, it is best to take a conversation offline.
This appears to be a relatively recent change. I tried "replying
to the author" to someone to whom I sent a message this way
about a month ago, and I ran into the same permissions issue.

2021-04-03 02:09:39 UTC
Post by Dan Koren
In my interface, "reply to author" is grayed out and mousing
over reveals a message that "I do not have permissions" to
perform such an action. Does anyone?
I suppose there are privacy reasons for such an action, but in
some circumstances, it is best to take a conversation offline.
This appears to be a relatively recent change. I tried "replying
to the author" to someone to whom I sent a message this way
about a month ago, and I ran into the same permissions issue.
dk
To reply to the group, below the message text, click Reply all. Compose your replyand thenclick Post Message.
You’re using a Google Account.
Your browser is configured to open mailto links.
In Chrome you can check this at chrome://settings/handlers. Other browsers may have different configuration steps.
You have the Who can view member email addresses permission.
My browser is not set up to try this, but I didn't see where to check
thw permission referred to. But note that I de not subscribe to rmcr
on google groups, since for that I use a real news server - recommended!