Recordings which the critics have bypassed but which others have responded positively to
2020-11-06 05:49:03 UTC
Concerning Svetlanov's 1st (1969) "Scheherezade", critics don't seem to pay it any attention.

But on Youtube, it has over half-a-million views and over 500 comments (mostly positive).

Here is an example:

- A total different approach to this Masterwork. The conductor work very profund on many details of the orchestra, with slow tempi and Chamber characteristics. I can hear the different sections with pure clarity. The quality sound on vynil is incomparable! Thanks!

I listened to it and liked it's lyrical restraint compared to the dynamic sonic theatrics of others I have heard.

Could I be the only one here who can say positive things about it?

And what about recordings of other works which critics have sniffed at but have been embraced by numerous listeners?
dk
2020-11-06 07:46:11 UTC
Concerning Svetlanov's 1st (1969) "Scheherezade", critics don't seem to pay it any attention.
But on Youtube, it has over half-a-million views and over 500 comments (mostly positive).
- A total different approach to this Masterwork. The conductor work very profund on many details of the orchestra, with slow tempi and Chamber characteristics. I can hear the different sections with pure clarity. The quality sound on vynil is incomparable! Thanks!
I listened to it and liked it's lyrical restraint compared to the dynamic sonic theatrics of others I have heard.
Could I be the only one here who can say positive things about it?
And what about recordings of other works which critics have sniffed at but have been embraced by numerous listeners?
Whatever makes one happy makes one happy.
Who cares what others think.