Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade
2014-04-16 09:02:56 UTC
Sir Charles Mackerras, LPO, on Telarc.
Excellent performance of Scherezade and magnificent recorded sound
Can anyone recommend a good CD (performance and sound) of
Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade", if possible coupled with "Capriccio
Espagnol"?
Thank you for your help!
The following is a recent list of best recordings:

http://www.musicweb-international.com/recommends/home.htm
Gerard
2014-04-16 09:17:43 UTC
Sir Charles Mackerras, LPO, on Telarc.
Excellent performance of Scherezade and magnificent recorded sound
Can anyone recommend a good CD (performance and sound) of
Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade", if possible coupled with "Capriccio
Espagnol"?
Thank you for your help!
The following is a recent list of best recordings:

http://www.musicweb-international.com/recommends/home.htm

=================

Hm, it is a list of some good/recommended recordings.

BTW the list of recommended recordings of Tchaikovsky's piano concerto 1 is
seriously missing:
Argerich/Abbado (DG).
Gerard
2014-04-16 09:49:24 UTC
Sir Charles Mackerras, LPO, on Telarc.
Excellent performance of Scherezade and magnificent recorded sound
Can anyone recommend a good CD (performance and sound) of
Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade", if possible coupled with "Capriccio
Espagnol"?
Thank you for your help!
The following is a recent list of best recordings:

http://www.musicweb-international.com/recommends/home.htm

=================

Hm, it is a list of some good/recommended recordings.

===================

I've never seen the Philips recording by Markevitch on CD.
However, there is a Japanes Decca release:

http://www.cdbanq.com/Igor-Markevitch-London-Symphony-Orchestra--Rimsky-Korsakov-Scheherazade-Symphonic-Suite-Capriccio-Espagnol-Japan-LTD-CD-PROC-1177_p_68344.html
jrsnfld
2014-04-16 18:18:11 UTC
wrote in message
BTW the list of recommended recordings of Tchaikovsky's piano concerto 1 is
Argerich/Abbado (DG).
Are you kidding? They've already got two Argerich CDs there. What they're seriously missing is Van Cliburn, among others! And they mistakenly put Richter/Karajan on there instead of Richter/Mravinsky.

--Jeff
Gerard
2014-04-16 18:58:25 UTC

================

Her recording with Abbado is the only one you need.
2014-04-16 19:30:34 UTC
Post by jrsnfld
wrote in message
BTW the list of recommended recordings of Tchaikovsky's piano concerto 1 is
Argerich/Abbado (DG).
Are you kidding? They've already got two Argerich CDs there.
================
Her recording with Abbado is the only one you need.
That's what I'd say about Van Cliburn's.

But that's not one of the recordings by Argerich ;-)
Orchman
2014-04-16 19:53:33 UTC
If you can forget the Capriccio, get Reiner
and the CSO.>>
Yes, another vote for Reiner....great performance...final mvt done on one take, IIRC. great solo work. wonderful violin I [S. Harth]
g***@gmail.com
2018-12-08 20:52:41 UTC
Sir Charles Mackerras, LPO, on Telarc.
Excellent performance of Scherezade and magnificent recorded sound
Can anyone recommend a good CD (performance and sound) of
Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade", if possible coupled with "Capriccio
Espagnol"?
Thank you for your help!
(Recent Youtube upload):

Rimsky-Korsakov - The Symphonic Poems (reference recording : Yevgeny Svetlanov)
gggg gggg
2021-01-01 03:46:15 UTC
Sir Charles Mackerras, LPO, on Telarc.
Excellent performance of Scherezade and magnificent recorded sound
Can anyone recommend a good CD (performance and sound) of
Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade", if possible coupled with "Capriccio
Espagnol"?
Thank you for your help!
(Youtube upload):

Repertoire: The BEST Rimsky-Korsakov Sheherazade