Symphonyshare
Add Reply
Kevin C Niven
2009-03-05 16:16:22 UTC
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.

http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare

I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.

Kevin
Bob Lombard
2009-03-05 16:25:27 UTC
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
Kevin
How is the juvenile tyrant getting on? No entertaining contretemps?

bl
Eric Grunin
2009-03-05 19:39:04 UTC
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
Kevin
How is the juvenile tyrant getting on? No entertaining contretemps?
No. Just fine music for those more interested in sharing than
squabbling.

Regards,
Eric Grunin
www.grunin.com/eroica
Kevin C Niven
2009-03-06 17:36:34 UTC
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
Kevin
How is the juvenile tyrant getting on? No entertaining contretemps?
bl
Unknown. I haven't seen any posts from you yet. Just lots of good
people posting great recordings without name calling. Nice.

Kevin
Bob Lombard
2009-03-06 17:52:14 UTC
Post by Kevin C Niven
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
Kevin
How is the juvenile tyrant getting on? No entertaining contretemps?
bl
Unknown. I haven't seen any posts from you yet. Just lots of good
people posting great recordings without name calling. Nice.
Kevin
You don't know your owner? BTW, you could modify your words above to
say: "Mostly lots of otherwise good people posting recordings they don't
have distribution rights to, without name calling. Nice?"

bl
Ray
2009-03-06 18:10:44 UTC
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
Kevin
How is the juvenile tyrant getting on? No entertaining contretemps?
bl
Unknown.  I haven't seen any posts from you yet.  Just lots of good
people posting great recordings without name calling.  Nice.
Kevin
You don't know your owner? BTW, you could modify your words above to
say: "Mostly lots of otherwise good people posting recordings they don't
have distribution rights to, without name calling. Nice?"
bl
Aren't radio broadcasts free trade? Operashare is the group where
people post their LP and tape transfers which always impressed me as
being rather questionable, at least in the United States. It was my
understanding that radio broadcasts, as long as they are not sold, can
be shared freely.
Bob Lombard
2009-03-06 18:56:09 UTC
Post by Ray
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Kevin C Niven
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Kevin C Niven
[...]
It seems to me that they should be. However, it appears that the 'fair
use' law (doctrine, regulation, whatever it is) in the U.S. permits
copying the broadcast, but not the distribution of that copy; for profit
or not. When the EU implements its 95 year recording copyright change,
which Robert-bis says will be retroactive, many more
copies-of-broadcasts will become, ah, contraband.

I think broadcasts of live performances are not within the aegis of the
RIAA, so I wonder what agency is supposed to enforce the restrictions.
Whatever it is, I don't trust the various governments to continue to
ignore violations. I don't trust the governments in much of anything.

bl
Ray
2009-03-06 19:02:02 UTC
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Kevin C Niven
[...]
Well spoke, Bob....well spoke indeed.

Ray
Matthew B. Tepper
2009-03-06 19:59:11 UTC
Post by Bob Lombard
I think broadcasts of live performances are not within the aegis of the
RIAA, so I wonder what agency is supposed to enforce the restrictions.
Whatever it is, I don't trust the various governments to continue to
ignore violations. I don't trust the governments in much of anything.
I don't trust the government(s) much, but I trust Big Business even less.
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers
Bob Harper

Bob Harper
Matthew B. Tepper
2009-03-07 20:06:00 UTC
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
Post by Bob Lombard
I think broadcasts of live performances are not within the aegis of the
RIAA, so I wonder what agency is supposed to enforce the restrictions.
Whatever it is, I don't trust the various governments to continue to
ignore violations. I don't trust the governments in much of anything.
I don't trust the government(s) much, but I trust Big Business even less.
Your error :)
Who was easier to expel from his job, Jimmy Carter or Ken Lay?
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers
h***@btinternet.com
2015-05-25 06:47:29 UTC
Who plays the second harpsichord in #9? Is the music for the contrepartie improvised?
Kevin C Niven
2009-03-06 23:00:54 UTC
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Bob Lombard
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
Kevin
How is the juvenile tyrant getting on? No entertaining contretemps?
bl
Unknown.  I haven't seen any posts from you yet.  Just lots of good
people posting great recordings without name calling.  Nice.
Kevin
You don't know your owner?
I don't have an owner, so I've no idea who you think you're referring
to. From what I've seen of your posts, however, I think you're the
juvenile. Everyone on Symphonyshare behaves like adults.

Kevin
weary flake
2009-03-05 18:54:40 UTC
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
"You must be signed in and a member of this group to view its content."

the sign of a fraud.
notesetter
2009-03-05 19:34:32 UTC
How so??
Eric Grunin
You must be new around here.
Matthew B. Tepper
2009-03-05 20:09:08 UTC
weary flake <***@hotmail.com> appears to have caused the following
letters to be typed in news:wearyflake-6ABBF2.10544005032009
Post by weary flake
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
"You must be signed in and a member of this group to view its content."
the sign of a fraud.
I just signed in and viewed the latest posts without any problem.
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers
Roger Kulp
2009-03-05 22:05:42 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
"You must be signed in and a member of this group to view its content."
the sign of a fraud.
I was approved,and then stayed away for a few weeks.When I came back,I
coudn't get in.It said I wasn't a member.

Roger
J.Martin
2009-03-05 22:22:50 UTC
Post by Roger Kulp
I was approved,and then stayed away for a few weeks.When I came back,I
coudn't get in.It said I wasn't a member.
                                                 Roger
I think if you contact the moderator (or owner or whatever you call
him) he'll straighten things out. I had some similar problems getting
registered, probably due to my own incompetence, which he easily
resolved.

Since then, the group has been a very pleasant experience, remarkably
devoid of the typical yahoos and blowhards.

JM
Matthew B. Tepper
2009-03-06 00:56:57 UTC
"J.Martin" <***@yahoo.com> appears to have caused the following
letters to be typed in news:563ce81f-e90b-415b-9454-
I think if you contact the moderator (or owner or whatever you call him)
he'll straighten things out. I had some similar problems getting
registered, probably due to my own incompetence, which he easily resolved.
Since then, the group has been a very pleasant experience, remarkably
devoid of the typical yahoos and blowhards.
I haven't posted yet.
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers
J.Martin
2009-03-06 05:53:50 UTC
Post by Matthew B. Tepper
I haven't posted yet.
Heh. Me neither! I am a shameless lurking downloader there.

JM
ways
2009-03-06 10:57:37 UTC
ive posted twice one was accepted the other disappeared
Ray
2009-03-06 12:08:27 UTC
Post by ways
ive posted twice one was accepted the other disappeared
There is, happily, no argumentative name-calling and most seem eager
to help with the technical aspects of uploading.

I've put a large handful of items of marginal interest up there. A
few people have been very appreciative and write back giving their
opinions and actually taking the time to say 'thank you.' But, like
many such groups, most just sit there with a handful of 'Gimme' and a
mouthful of 'Much obliged.'

I must say I miss the days when you had to actually have contact with
another person to trade music. You discussed your likes and dislikes
and the merits of the performances traded.

This, they tell me, is progress.

ray
3Bs
2009-03-06 15:53:30 UTC
I've put a large handful of items of marginal interest up there.  A
few people have been very appreciative and write back giving their
opinions and actually taking the time to say 'thank you.'  But, like
many such groups, most just sit there with a handful of 'Gimme' and a
mouthful of 'Much obliged.'
I must say I miss the days when you had to actually have contact with
another person to trade music.  You discussed your likes and dislikes
and the merits of the performances traded.
This, they tell me, is progress.
ray
Ray, just try to imagine a father with two young kids and a wife who
just got laid off after ten years at her job, and how grateful he is
for being able to get something for nothing in the brief amount of
free time that he does have. That's my story, and I'm stuck with it
for the time being.
J.Martin
2009-03-06 18:03:17 UTC
Post by Ray
This, they tell me, is progress.
ray
I would say that is, for the simple reason that more people have more
access to more good music.

No one is forced to participate. Those who would rather exchange
recordings the old way are free to continue doing so. Those who wish
to make comments about the performances are still free to do so. I'm
not sure what the problem is, except perhaps that we lose the sense of
exclusivity we used to have in owning rare recordings.

JM
notesetter
2009-03-05 23:24:51 UTC
Post by Roger Kulp
Post by weary flake
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
"You must be signed in and a member of this group to view its content."
the sign of a fraud.
I was approved,and then stayed away for a few weeks.When I came back,I
coudn't get in.It said I wasn't a member.
                                                 Roger
From time to time you need to log in anew - find the button that says
"Log On to Google Groups", enter your password and you should be taken
to the Symphonyshare home page. I need to do this every few weeks
myself.
George Schatz
Kevin
d***@gmail.com
Kevin - I just discovered symphonyshare and would like to join. Not sure how to post a message to Walter. My interests are classical music from Machaut to Mahler and beyond. Please forward this to Walter if you can or tell me how to do it. Thanks, Laury
Tassilo
2019-07-01 14:30:29 UTC
Walter doesn't run Symphony Share any more.
Bob Harper
2019-07-01 19:43:54 UTC
Post by Tassilo
Walter doesn't run Symphony Share any more.
Any idea what that means for the future of the site?

Bob Harper
Invocation
2019-07-01 19:49:58 UTC
在 2019年7月1日星期一 UTC-4下午3:43:58,Bob Harper写道:
Nothing. Just a change of the moderator. And that was already a few years ago.
Bob Harper
Thanks.
m***@sbcglobal.net
2019-12-16 23:14:04 UTC
Please inform me who does run this group currently and/or the process for me to request membership. Thank you so much & happy holidays to you! Marc Matzner/Los Angeles
s***@yahoo.co.uk
It seems most wonderful. How do I join>
r***@outlook.com
What happened when you clicked the link in the post you replied to?
s***@nycap.rr.com
2020-07-27 00:23:33 UTC
Post by r***@outlook.com
Post by s***@yahoo.co.uk
Post by Kevin C Niven
I don't know how many people here have joined, but I'd just like to
highly recommend this group. It seems to have taken off and there are
many new and interesting posts.
http://groups.google.com/group/Symphonyshare
I have no affiliation other than being a pleased member.
Kevin
It seems most wonderful. How do I join>
What happened when you clicked the link in the post you replied to?
It says, You do not have permission to join this group.

MIFrost
Jim Sumner
It's an 11-year-old link. Is this still a going concern?
Frank Berger
The link works for me.
Ezio Maria Ferdeghini
The link works for me.
msw design
2020-07-27 19:25:44 UTC
Ezio, it sounds like you are talking about Concert Archive, not Symphonyshare. Is this posible? To my knowledge, there have been no significant changes in SShare in quite a while.
Néstor Castiglione

The link works for me.
Alan Dawes
2020-07-28 10:01:23 UTC
Post by Ezio Maria Ferdeghini
I was a member until a few months ago, then they changed
administrator, and after some days I could no more log in; I asked for
any info to the new amministratori, he said I was in the list, but I
cannot enter yet. More I can find it googling, this is probably due to
a change of privacy rules. The amministrator after a while has stopped
to study the problem I do not understand what has happened
Ezio
What browser are you using and when did you last update it? Your best bet
would be the latest version of the google chrome browser:
https://www.google.co.uk/chrome/
as any changes in security that google has implemented should work
with the latest version of their own browser.

Alan
--
***@argonet.co.uk
***@riscos.org
Using an ARMX6
f***@gmail.com
2020-07-29 06:29:04 UTC
I have tried also Chrome and I always get error #418 "You are not authorized to access this content" (both new and old versions).

To answer to Norman's mail: I do not think that you have to feel offended (I remember that I allowed the subscription to my Toscaninifriends group with no hesitation, notwithstanding your unsuccessful attempts to understand my exclusion from Symphonyshare). When I ask to Google assistance what #418 error means, the answer is that I have to ask to the administrator of the group as the solution is in his hands.
However, my post is related to another post of July 27th (not mine) of a persons who gets the same message (I interpreted, maybe wrongly, that he was already a member): my reply is just the description of my experience, with no insinuation about you.

Last, but not least, I am a scientist, a physicist, and as a consequence of my job, I do not do, never, hypothesis which are not fully based on direct experience or "scientifically" asserted experience.

I am no more interested to access Symphonyshare, I could live without before, and I can live without now. It is for this reason that I did not disturb you anymore. I just wished to share my experience, without trying to give any accusation to nobody: if you felt offended, I am sorry, but this was never my intention.

For me is a closed question.
Greetings
Ezio
Using an ARMX6
msw design
2020-07-28 11:50:21 UTC
Not sure if it is relevant, but there are plenty of things that don't seem to work in the new version of Google Groups- posting, for instance. Reverting to "classic" alleviates the issues I've found. Not sure if logging in is one of them.
Bob Harper
2020-07-28 17:08:16 UTC
Post by msw design
Not sure if it is relevant, but there are plenty of things that don't seem to work in the new version of Google Groups- posting, for instance. Reverting to "classic" alleviates the issues I've found. Not sure if logging in is one of them.
I tried the new version--once. I immediately reverted to the classic
version. It wasn't broke, so I didn't try to fix it.

Bob Harper
s***@yahoo.co.uk
It seems most wonderful. How can I join?
s***@yahoo.co.uk
2020-07-26 19:05:20 UTC
It sounds most wonderful. How might I join Symphony Share?
John Fowler
2020-07-28 01:16:25 UTC
Groucho Marx: I would never join any organization that would have me as a member.