Blocking a user
John Hood
2018-08-16 23:37:31 UTC
I use Thunderbird for this newsgroup. Does anyone know if it has the
ability to block users? It didn't seem obvious when I tried it.

Cheers,

JH

---
graham
2018-08-17 01:20:06 UTC
Post by John Hood
I use Thunderbird for this newsgroup. Does anyone know if it has the
ability to block users? It didn't seem obvious when I tried it.
Cheers,
JH
---
Right click on the "From" in the message header and go to "Create filter
from".
It's straightforward from there.
Graham
Frank Berger
2018-08-17 01:46:31 UTC
Post by graham
Post by John Hood
I use Thunderbird for this newsgroup. Does anyone know if it has the
ability to block users? It didn't seem obvious when I tried it.
Cheers,
JH
---
Right click on the "From" in the message header and go to "Create filter
from".
It's straightforward from there.
Graham
The problem is that others will respond to the person whose posts you
don't want to see, so you will see them anyway. It really doesn't work,
especially if the offending posts generate a lot of responses such as,
well, you know.
graham
2018-08-17 02:32:46 UTC
Post by graham
Post by John Hood
I use Thunderbird for this newsgroup. Does anyone know if it has the
ability to block users? It didn't seem obvious when I tried it.
Cheers,
JH
---
Right click on the "From" in the message header and go to "Create
filter from".
It's straightforward from there.
Graham
The problem is that others will respond to the person whose posts you
don't want to see, so you will see them anyway.  It really doesn't work,
especially if the offending posts generate a lot of responses such as,
well, you know.
I'm afraid there's no escaping that. I'm surprised that others here
don't block the quotebot.
Frank Berger
2018-08-17 03:34:28 UTC
Post by graham
Post by Frank Berger
Post by graham
Post by John Hood
I use Thunderbird for this newsgroup. Does anyone know if it has the
ability to block users? It didn't seem obvious when I tried it.
Cheers,
JH
---
Right click on the "From" in the message header and go to "Create
filter from".
It's straightforward from there.
Graham
The problem is that others will respond to the person whose posts you
don't want to see, so you will see them anyway.  It really doesn't
work, especially if the offending posts generate a lot of responses
such as, well, you know.
I'm afraid there's no escaping that. I'm surprised that others here
don't block the quotebot.
You're second sentence is inconsistent with the first. One doesn't
bother to block because "there's no escaping that." If all the most
frequent posters agreed to block him and did it together, that would
reduce the noise level. Though it must be said that some of the threads
he dredges up from the past lead to interesting discussions.\
John Hood
2018-08-17 23:48:34 UTC
Post by graham
Post by John Hood
I use Thunderbird for this newsgroup. Does anyone know if it has the
ability to block users? It didn't seem obvious when I tried it.
Cheers,
JH
---
Right click on the "From" in the message header and go to "Create filter
from".
It's straightforward from there.
Graham
Thanks,