piano, ADL, Lyll Williams
AB
2020-10-11 19:35:47 UTC
not my first complaint on this subject:-)))
tuned on to the last movt. of the Mozart G major piano sonata. Nice playing, some vicious sounds in the treble. turned out to be ADL. How a pianist who I so admire could allow her instrument to make such sounds is beyond me.........especially on a recording (Victor) 1990

Just heard Schubert Bb impromptu recorded by Llyr Williams. Not a 'big' name but what a beautiful pianist. World class playing.
Steve Haufe mentioned him. you are so right Steve!

AB
Ricardo Jimenez
2020-10-12 00:42:15 UTC
Post by AB
not my first complaint on this subject:-)))
tuned on to the last movt. of the Mozart G major piano sonata. Nice playing, some vicious sounds in the treble. turned out to be ADL. How a pianist who I so admire could allow her instrument to make such sounds is beyond me.........especially on a recording (Victor) 1990
Just heard Schubert Bb impromptu recorded by Llyr Williams. Not a 'big' name but what a beautiful pianist. World class playing.
Steve Haufe mentioned him. you are so right Steve!
AB
Speaking of Schubert piano music, I am up to disc 4 of a 12 disc set
that claims to be the complete piano works for 2 hands as performed by
Gilbert Schuchter. So far I hear nice clear playing but not much
excitement. For example, the fifth Moment Musicaux on disc 3 was
unbearably slow.

Both the Beethoven and Schubert sets from Williams are very good. I
think 8 Schubert discs have come out with disc 8 devoted to a
selection of Liszt's lieder transcriptions.