New Sony Brailowsky Chopin Box
Add Reply
Mark Obert-Thorn
2020-11-13 14:55:59 UTC
I just saw this appear on the Presto Classical site for release next week:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8860595--alexander-brailowsky-plays-chopin

Are these the stereo Columbia solo recordings that were earlier issued in a Japanese Sony set, or just excerpts from the 2018 "Brailowsky plays Chopin" box of mainly mono RCA recordings? The new box doesn't have the "RCA Red Seal" logo on the cover, which suggests the former. (And if you're going to reissue nearly all of Brailowsky's stereo Columbias, why not include the concertos with Ormandy and make it really complete?)

Mark O-T
Jim Murphy
2020-11-13 17:02:25 UTC
From Amazon.com (ASIN B08F719FN2): "Following up its recent box of his 78 and early LP recordings for RCA, Sony Classical is now issuing a 5-album set of Chopin recordings made by the Ukrainian-American pianist Alexander Brailowsky in stereo for American Columbia in the early 1960s. The new reissue contains the complete Preludes, Waltzes, Mazurkas, Polonaises, Andante spianato, B minor Sonata, Fantaisie-Impromptu, Berceuse as well as numerous other works."

-JM
Mark O-T
nk Tomm
2020-11-13 22:27:45 UTC
That's right.
fomalhaut
2020-11-14 10:09:30 UTC
Post by nk Tomm
Post by Mark Obert-Thorn
Are these the stereo Columbia solo recordings that were earlier issued in a Japanese Sony set
That's right.
;;; And less expensive !
fomalhaut
John Fowler
Looks like it includes all his Columbia stereo Chopin recordings except Concerto No. 1 with Ormandy.
l***@gmail.com
l***@gmail.com
2020-11-25 09:39:03 UTC
Post by John Fowler
Post by fomalhaut
Post by nk Tomm
Post by Mark Obert-Thorn
Are these the stereo Columbia solo recordings that were earlier issued in a Japanese Sony set
That's right.
;;; And less expensive !
fomalhaut
Looks like it includes all his Columbia stereo Chopin recordings except Concerto No. 1 with Ormandy.
Good morning Sir
I ve just learn we could not yet continue to talk each other so before that
THANK S A LOT for all your informations about musicians particularly sony box sets I always wait for your commentary before buying this recordings
sincerely yours
take care
laurent le nech