ALERT: recording missing in the Grumiaux Complete Philips boxset.
Add Reply
RiRiIII
2021-04-04 11:56:11 UTC
It is reported at amazon and elsewhere.

Both cds 44 and 45 contain the same Beethoven VC recording with Galliera, while the 45th should carry the one with Davies:

"the two CDs have the exact same running time for all the tracks, while they should be different. The running times are compatible with those printed on the sleeve for CD 44. So I can confirm that CD 45 is missing."
D N
2021-04-08 11:38:48 UTC
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I sent a message through the "contact us" on decca.com

If anyone else hears of replacement discs being sent out please share.
IAN PANG
2021-04-09 08:37:51 UTC
D N在 2021年4月8日星期四下午7:38:51 [UTC+8]寫道:
Post by D N
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I sent a message through the "contact us" on decca.com
If anyone else hears of replacement discs being sent out please share.
Could you please tell me that the set are original jacket or not ?

Many Thanks
dn.md
Many Thanks
nk Tomm
2021-04-11 02:42:57 UTC
Sadly, no.
D N
2021-04-11 16:14:13 UTC
The LP art is in the booklet.
Frank Berger
2021-12-30 20:41:29 UTC
Is this Grumiaux Complete Philips boxed set sold out? It seems to be, as I cannot find it for sale at any of the usual outlets. How long has it been o.o.p.? Now I really wish I bought it. However, UME sometimes reprints a second-run for the big sets. I noticed the big Brendel brick-set made a quiet comeback, for instance. Not the I bought it or anything.
There are used copies available at Amazon, Ebay and Discogs in the $400-500 range. Must be OOP.
Oscar
2021-12-30 20:53:05 UTC
There are used copies available at Amazon, Ebay and Discogs in the $400-500 range. Must be OOP.
That was fast. I predict a repress in the new year.
Frank Berger
2021-12-31 05:15:43 UTC
Post by Oscar
There are used copies available at Amazon, Ebay and Discogs in the $400-500 range. Must be OOP.
That was fast. I predict a repress in the new year.
Maybe they withdrew the unsold boxes in order to replace the duplicated disk and haven't re-released them yet.