Europe to NA commerce shutdown agsin?
2020-09-28 13:47:04 UTC
Based on my last-half of September experience it appears North American eCommmerce with western Eurropean nations is in the tank again. Every order I placed that comes from Germany or the UK has stalled - never shipped despite evidence the inventory exists. March/April all over again.

But not surprising seeing how much COVID 119 has spiked there in recent weeks.

Anyone had good Europe to NA experience in last 2-3 weeks?
Invocation
2020-09-28 16:59:53 UTC
I ordered a few albums from Presto Classics on Sep 15, and the package arrived in one week.
Frank Berger
2020-09-29 20:27:20 UTC
Post by Invocation
I ordered a few albums from Presto Classics on Sep 15, and the package arrived in one week.
I received a CD today from a Japanese Ebay seller that I
ordered on July 4. I keep getting warnings from seller that
delivery is unpredictable, but with this exception pretty
much everything is being delivered in reasonable time. Maybe
a little longer on average.
Todd Michel McComb
2020-09-28 19:03:46 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
Anyone had good Europe to NA experience in last 2-3 weeks?
Yes, multiple UK & one Belgium... all 5-9 days. Went for broke &
ordered from Poland last week, so we'll see about that.
Todd Michel McComb
2020-10-05 21:48:45 UTC
Went for broke & ordered from Poland last week, so we'll see about
that.
Shipped 9/25, arrived today.

The only package I've had any real delay with in the past few weeks
was sent from NYC: Shipped 9/17 (& visible on USPS site on that
day), arrived (also) today.
Randy Lane
2020-10-07 20:15:36 UTC
Post by Todd Michel McComb
Went for broke & ordered from Poland last week, so we'll see about
that.
Shipped 9/25, arrived today.
The only package I've had any real delay with in the past few weeks
was sent from NYC: Shipped 9/17 (& visible on USPS site on that
day), arrived (also) today.
Well, I am trying Amazon.fr now.

Last order I placed on Amazon.de sat unshipped for 2 weeks, despite continually showing all items as In Stock.

I placed this week order for three items, all still In Stock.

Better luck this time? I am not confident.

I was able to successfully place and receive an order form Presto since I started this thread.

So maybe the "service sucks" to North America is strictly an Amazon Europe phenomena.
Frank Berger
Frank Berger
2020-10-08 16:48:27 UTC
On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 2:48:50 PM UTC-7, Todd
Post by Todd Michel McComb
Went for broke & ordered from Poland last week, so we'll
see about
that.
Shipped 9/25, arrived today.
The only package I've had any real delay with in the past
few weeks
was sent from NYC: Shipped 9/17 (& visible on USPS site
on that
day), arrived (also) today.
Well, I am trying Amazon.fr now.
Last order I placed on Amazon.de sat unshipped for 2
weeks, despite continually showing all items as In Stock.
I placed this week order for three items, all still In Stock.
Better luck this time?  I am not confident.
I was able to successfully place and receive an order form
Presto since I started this thread.
So maybe the "service sucks" to North America is strictly
an Amazon Europe phenomena.
A CD I ordered from an individual on Ebay in the Netherlands
on 9/29 shipped on 9/30 and arrived today.
Randy Lane
2020-10-12 14:01:25 UTC
Post by Todd Michel McComb
[...]
Amazon actually shipped this last Thursday.

Yahoo.

Delivery time is a good 5-6 weeks to USA though - surface shipping (via ocean cargo ship container) through GEODIS Wilson.
Frank Berger
2020-10-12 14:19:12 UTC
Post by Todd Michel McComb
[...]
A Presto order from 10/7 shipped today. I predict I will
have it in less than a week.

My Amazon Prime orders have all arrived in good time.
Marketplace orders are less predictable, but then they
always have been. Sometimes the delay is the time it takes
the seller to get around to going to his post office.

Andrew Clarke
2020-09-30 12:05:42 UTC
Based on my last-half of September experience it appears North American eCommmerce with western Eurropean nations is in the tank again. Every order I placed that comes from Germany or the UK has stalled - never shipped despite evidence the inventory exists. March/April all over again.
But not surprising seeing how much COVID 119 has spiked there in recent weeks.
Anyone had good Europe to NA experience in last 2-3 weeks?
I'm not writing from NA but service between Canberra and Leamington Spa is right as rain. Another potential advantage of downloading I suppose.

Andrew Clarke
Canberra
weary flake
2020-10-03 19:26:48 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
Based on my last-half of September experience it appears North
American eCommmerce with western Eurropean nations is in the tank
again. Every order I placed that comes from Germany or the UK has
stalled - never shipped despite evidence the inventory exists.
March/April all over again.
But not surprising seeing how much COVID 119 has spiked there in recent weeks.
Anyone had good Europe to NA experience in last 2-3 weeks?
amazon.co.uk often stalls 1 to 3 week before shipping.
It could just be amazon itself. ebay and third party
at amazon.co.uk are normal: 3 to 5 week delivery or so
to the USA.
Frank Berger
2020-10-04 23:53:02 UTC
Post by weary flake
Based on my last-half of September experience  it appears
North American eCommmerce with western Eurropean nations
is in the tank again. Every order I placed that comes from
Germany or the UK has stalled - never shipped despite
evidence the inventory exists. March/April all over again.
But not surprising seeing  how much COVID 119 has spiked
there in recent weeks.
Anyone had good Europe to NA experience in last 2-3 weeks?
amazon.co.uk often stalls 1 to 3 week before shipping.
It could just be amazon itself.  ebay and third party
at amazon.co.uk are normal: 3 to 5 week delivery or so
to the USA.
I'm getting faster delivery than that, for the most part.