Mahler (H-L de La Grange's Vol 1): The Arduous Road to Vienna (1860-1897)
Add Reply
r***@gmail.com
2019-10-25 16:13:50 UTC
Not long to wait now!

https://www.luigiboccherini.org/2018/11/24/cinema-changes-incorporations-of-jazz-in-the-film-soundtrack-2/
Oscar
2020-07-21 04:27:44 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Not long to wait now!
My copy arrived today from Amazon. Excited. I have the other three volumes, of which the Fourth I did finish!!
j***@gmail.com
2020-07-24 21:49:05 UTC
I am in the midst of "re-reading" vol. 4. I put it in quotes because when it gets to twenty pages of reviews from New York newspapers of a Mahler concert, you can bet there is some skimming done.
Vol 4 covers less than four years, but is 1, 758 pages!! But the punchline is the subtitle: "A New Life Cut Short".
But I love this and vol 3 very much; sometimes there is a whole world in a footnote. Rather like a Mahler symphony.
I would love to read Vol. 1, but $200 is a lot of schmekles!