PIANISTS...
Add Reply
MELMOTH
2021-04-03 17:12:47 UTC
What if *Solomon* (Cutner) was one of the 3 or 4 greatest Beethovenian
pianists ? (with Richter...Grinberg...Arrau...Yes...you read that
right, dk...ARRAU)...
I ask the question...

https://www.amazon.fr/Milestones-Legend-Solomon-Int%C3%A9grale-Enregistrements-Beethoven/dp/B07ZLK6B7R/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=2HYNMZSGJ6HRJ&dchild=1&keywords=solomon&qid=1617469392&s=music&sprefix=solomon,classical,172&sr=1-5

And if one of the greatest ravelian pianists was *Abbey Simon* (with
François...Perlemuter or Casadesus) ?...
I ask the question...

https://www.amazon.fr/Ravel-Complete-Music-Solo-Piano/dp/B000001K24/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=abbey+simon&qid=1617469723&s=music&sr=1-2

And if my posts on this forum are by far the most interesting?
I'm not asking the question...
Henk vT
2021-04-03 19:35:33 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
[...]
If the greatest means the closest to an ideal, and if Solomon is the greatest, then the ideal Beethoven is the composer of virtuosic, highly refined and sophisticated music. If Simon is the greatest, then the ideal Ravel is the composer of exceptionally well-crafted, brilliant music.

If Melmoth is the greatest (i.e. most interesting), then the ideal RMCR is a newsgroup with quite some knowledge of classical music and a desire to share it with others.

Henk
Dan Koren
2021-04-03 22:02:54 UTC
Post by Henk vT
Post by MELMOTH
[...]
Melmoth is a bigoted, retarded. loquacious idiot. There is no
such thing as an "ideal" RMCR, just as there is not such thing
as an "ideal" group or organization or nation anywhere in the
known Universe.

dk
MELMOTH
2021-04-04 07:04:17 UTC
Lui aussi il t'aime...
Dan Koren
2021-04-03 21:59:46 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
[...]
So you are simply pontificating? As you probably know,
it's been 7 centuries since the Papacy was briefly in
France -- not in Bretagne, but in Provence.

Not only are you living in a cave, but you have absolutely
no knowledge and understanding of piano performance.
Spending so much time near cattle has clearly affected
your hearing and your taste. I will leave it at that.

dk
MELMOTH
2021-04-04 11:55:50 UTC
Post by Dan Koren
So you are simply pontificating? As you probably know,
it's been 7 centuries since the Papacy was briefly in
France -- not in Bretagne, but in Provence.
Not only are you living in a cave, but you have absolutely
no knowledge and understanding of piano performance.
Spending so much time near cattle has clearly affected
your hearing and your taste. I will leave it at that.
You are COMPLETELY right...A big thank you to you to put me in my
place...And especially, do not hesitate to do it every time (that is to
say always) that I say bullshit...
I love you...
Andy Evans
2021-04-04 22:07:28 UTC
Love is in the air...... shoo be doo.......

Herman
2021-04-04 07:47:19 UTC
Your list of greatest ever pianist merely indicates your favorite listening era was around 1960.
Dan Koren
2021-04-04 09:03:55 UTC
Your list of greatest ever pianist merely indicates
your favorite listening era was around 1960.
His list of "great pianists" does not even include any of
the great pianists of the 1950s and 1960s. He does not
know even the French pianists of that era! His listening
is clearly limited to those who recorded for big record
labels. I doubt he has ever set foot in a concert hall.