Beethoven concertos and sonatas by Paul Lewis
Gerard
2020-07-18 09:02:07 UTC
Harmonia mundi brings this 14 disc box for a strongly reduced price.
An example:
https://www.amazon.com/Beethoven-Complete-Sonatas-Piano-Concertos/dp/B07WSZD7G1/

What are the opinions about these recordings?
Peter
2020-07-18 23:42:22 UTC
I have the concertos. They are very well-played (orch and soloist), although not interpretively distinctive. But that's OK with me in this repertoire.
t***@hotmail.com
2020-07-19 02:59:38 UTC
I have all sonatas & concertos.

In a good sense, he plays like a mellow pianist.
In a bad sense, he plays like a mopey pianist.
wkasimer
2020-07-20 14:22:15 UTC
Post by Gerard
What are the opinions about these recordings?
Very, very dull.