[OT] Taking a Bad Rap: the 13th.
Add Reply
Andrew Clarke
2019-09-04 09:01:34 UTC
Until last night I had no knowledge of this most extraordinary documentary film, whose argument is that throughout the United States, the Federal machinery of justice, whether under a Democratic president or a Republican one, is specifically designed to re-enslave the black American population. Not excluding a few state ones, of course.

I have no wish to discuss further this extraordinary theory of jurisprudence. But it does explain a good deal about previous discussions here about Chicago, Baltimore, etc.

Fellow head-scratchers may want to see this documentary on Netflix before it disappears.

Andrew Clarke
Canberra
Andrew Clarke
2019-09-04 17:07:59 UTC
Post by Andrew Clarke
Until last night I had no knowledge of this most extraordinary documentary film, whose argument is that throughout the United States, the Federal machinery of justice, whether under a Democratic president or a Republican one, is specifically designed to re-enslave the black American population. Not excluding a few state ones, of course.
I have no wish to discuss further this extraordinary theory of jurisprudence. But it does explain a good deal about previous discussions here about Chicago, Baltimore, etc.
Fellow head-scratchers may want to see this documentary on Netflix before it disappears.
Just to clarify: the film is called "13th" and it was made by Ava Duvernay in 2016. If you Google "13th amendment documentary review" you'll retrieve some relevant stuff.

Andrew Clarke
Canberra