musica Dei donum (25 Jan 2021)
Johan van Veen
2021-01-25 06:33:08 UTC
CD reviews:

Caldara: "Brutus - Cantatas for Bass"
Sergio Foresti, Stile Galante/Stefano Aresi

- JL Dussek: Piano Sonatas Op. 9, The Sufferings of the Queen of France Op.
23
- Pinto: "Complete Piano Music"
Marek Toporowski, fortepiano

"Edinburgh 1742 - Barsanti & Handel, Parte Seconda"
Ensemble Marsyas/Peter Whelan

"Gottlieb Muffat meets Handel - Works for Harpsichord"
Flóra Fábri, harpsichord

Rabassa: "Astro Nuevo"
Julia Doyle, Carlos Mena, Orquestra Barroca de Sevilla/Enrico Onofri

see: http://www.musica-dei-donum.org
--
Johan van Veen
e-mail: ***@ziggo.nl / ***@gmail.com

website: http://www.musica-dei-donum.org
twitter: https://twitter.com/johanvanveen
weblogs:
http://themusicalclock.blogspot.com
http://hortusmusicus.wordpress.com
--
Deze e-mail is gecontroleerd op virussen door AVG.
http://www.avg.com
MiNe109
2021-01-25 16:08:15 UTC
Post by Johan van Veen
- JL Dussek: Piano Sonatas Op. 9, The Sufferings of the Queen of
France Op. 23
- Pinto: "Complete Piano Music" Marek Toporowski, fortepiano
"Gottlieb Muffat meets Handel - Works for Harpsichord" Flóra Fábri,
harpsichord
Nice to see these. I have Muffat's Handel fugues in sheet music but
wasn't aware of the suites. Pinto benefits from old-style instruments
even if van Veen finds Toporowski's choices inapt. (I believe the
sonatas Fukuda recorded for Olympia were performed on an 1807 Broadwood.)

The Queen of France's demise can seem comical but I found Staier
properly frightening.