Juilliard School releases archival recordings online: 1950s to the present
Add Reply
j***@gmail.com
2019-05-29 11:41:15 UTC
Juilliard releases archival recordings online

QTD from the Site:The collection contains most recordings of Juilliard performances from 2012 to the present, as well as selections from prior years dating back as far as 1951. Video recordings are also available of selected Dance, Drama, Opera, and Jazz performances. Recordings of new performances are added as they become available, and retrospective recordings are being added on an ongoing basis.

Use the search box, or advanced search, to search for recordings based on date, ensemble name, individual name, work title, composer, venue, or any of the available facets available under advanced search. Or browse some of our suggested searches below.

http://jmedia.juilliard.edu/digital/col ... 16995coll3

Streamed at 96 kbps accompanied by printed programs.

http://jmedia.juilliard.edu/digital/search
John Hood
2019-05-29 12:36:03 UTC
http://jmedia.juilliard.edu/digital/col ... 16995coll3
Some marvellous Juilliard SQ performances from the 1950s to be found
here ...

JH
drh8h
2019-05-29 17:49:22 UTC
Post by John Hood
http://jmedia.juilliard.edu/digital/col ... 16995coll3
Some marvellous Juilliard SQ performances from the 1950s to be found
here ...
JH
Doesn't appear though, that much outside of the 1950s is available except to Juilliard insiders. Not sure why the cutoff, but there is plenty of interesting material here, including surprise performances in unexpected places. Leontyne Price in "Falstaff," for one. Now where do I find the time to listen?

DH
Bozo
2019-05-30 13:36:26 UTC
Funding limited ? http://jmedia.juilliard.edu/digital/custom/grammy
gggg gggg
2021-03-09 21:13:21 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Juilliard releases archival recordings online
QTD from the Site:The collection contains most recordings of Juilliard performances from 2012 to the present, as well as selections from prior years dating back as far as 1951. Video recordings are also available of selected Dance, Drama, Opera, and Jazz performances. Recordings of new performances are added as they become available, and retrospective recordings are being added on an ongoing basis.
Use the search box, or advanced search, to search for recordings based on date, ensemble name, individual name, work title, composer, venue, or any of the available facets available under advanced search. Or browse some of our suggested searches below.
http://jmedia.juilliard.edu/digital/col ... 16995coll3
Streamed at 96 kbps accompanied by printed programs.
http://jmedia.juilliard.edu/digital/search
Juilliard School in trouble?:

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.music.classical/c/gNKcCAxPAUM
cdc
2021-03-09 21:52:06 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
Juilliard School
Out of curiosity, is there a Computer Music course at Juilliard?
gggg gggg
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.music.classical/c/4QBdWZ8HdgM
ronl
2021-11-18 00:27:46 UTC
Post by gggg gggg
Post by j***@gmail.com
[...]
I guess being a Juilliard insider is key to access. Tried about 15 items from the 1950's-1960's...Ax, Ohlsson, Browning, etc. Virtually none had audio available.