Naxos...
MELMOTH
2021-01-20 16:28:21 UTC
Ave the crowd...

I noticed that, on Naxos discs, at least half (on the #2000 CDs in my
collection) had a stereo image that was clearly sent on the right
track...

Do you observe the same phenomenon ?...
dk
2021-01-20 19:46:18 UTC
#2000 CDs in my collection) had a stereo image
that was clearly sent on the right track...
How do you know this is inherent in the recordings
rather than an artifact of power and/or frequency
imbalances in the playback chain, or between one's
ears? What tests have you run to isolate the root
cause?

2021-01-20 20:04:49 UTC
How do you even know what he meant?
M&S Frost
2021-01-20 21:20:57 UTC
#2000 CDs in my collection) had a stereo image
that was clearly sent on the right track...
How do you know this is inherent in the recordings
rather than an artifact of power and/or frequency
imbalances in the playback chain, or between one's
ears? What tests have you run to isolate the root
cause?
dk
How do you even know what he meant?
Yes. I don't understand his issue either. "... a stereo image that was clearly sent on the right track"? I have no idea what that means.

MIFrost
dk
2021-01-20 22:38:01 UTC
#2000 CDs in my collection) had a stereo image
that was clearly sent on the right track...
How do you know this is inherent in the recordings
rather than an artifact of power and/or frequency
imbalances in the playback chain, or between one's
ears? What tests have you run to isolate the root
cause?
How do you even know what he meant?
I just offered him an opportunity to clarify.

2021-01-20 22:51:40 UTC
#2000 CDs in my collection) had a stereo image
that was clearly sent on the right track...
How do you know this is inherent in the recordings
rather than an artifact of power and/or frequency
imbalances in the playback chain, or between one's
ears? What tests have you run to isolate the root
cause?
How do you even know what he meant?
I just offered him an opportunity to clarify.
dk
L+R on the right channel perhaps? I probably wouldn't
notice. Apparently I haven't.
dk
2021-01-21 02:59:04 UTC
#2000 CDs in my collection) had a stereo image
that was clearly sent on the right track...
How do you know this is inherent in the recordings
rather than an artifact of power and/or frequency
imbalances in the playback chain, or between one's
ears? What tests have you run to isolate the root
cause?
How do you even know what he meant?
I just offered him an opportunity to clarify.
L+R on the right channel perhaps? I probably wouldn't
notice. Apparently I haven't.
No shortage of possibilities. It could be anything from a
defect in the recording to a leak in his playback chain to
a short-circuit between his ears.

dk
Chris J.
2021-01-21 08:21:16 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
I noticed that, on Naxos discs, at least half (on the #2000 CDs in my
collection) had a stereo image that was clearly sent on the right
track...
Earwax build-up in the left ear?
:-)

Chris