Gramophone Awards 2020 — winners have been announced
2020-10-06 21:06:52 UTC
No "real" ceremony this season—it took place in virtual space at 7pm BST—but James Jolly has been calling Jim Svejda's KUSC-FM/Los Angeles program from a radio studio in London for many years now, and the two converse about the winners and play excerpts from the records. I expect for tonight to be no different. Listen at 91.5 FM in Los Angeles, or point yr web browser to http://www.kusc.org to stream the station's signal LIVE. The show airs from 7:00 p.m. till 12:00 a.m. PDT.

https://www.gramophone.co.uk/awards/gramophone-classical-music-awards-2020
https://www.kusc.org
Frank Berger
2020-10-07 17:08:23 UTC
Post by Oscar
No "real" ceremony this season—it took place in virtual space at 7pm BST—but James Jolly has been calling Jim Svejda's KUSC-FM/Los Angeles program from a radio studio in London for many years now, and the two converse about the winners and play excerpts from the records. I expect for tonight to be no different. Listen at 91.5 FM in Los Angeles, or point yr web browser to http://www.kusc.org to stream the station's signal LIVE. The show airs from 7:00 p.m. till 12:00 a.m. PDT.
https://www.gramophone.co.uk/awards/gramophone-classical-music-awards-2020
https://www.kusc.org
For a long time, I thought Weinberg and Vainberg were
different dudes.
raymond....@gmail.com
2020-10-07 22:14:35 UTC
Post by Oscar
No "real" ceremony this season—it took place in virtual space at 7pm BST—but James Jolly has been calling Jim Svejda's KUSC-FM/Los Angeles program from a radio studio in London for many years now, and the two converse about the winners and play excerpts from the records. I expect for tonight to be no different. Listen at 91.5 FM in Los Angeles, or point yr web browser to http://www.kusc.org to stream the station's signal LIVE. The show airs from 7:00 p.m. till 12:00 a.m. PDT.
https://www.gramophone.co.uk/awards/gramophone-classical-music-awards-2020
https://www.kusc.org
For a long time, I thought Weinberg and Vainberg were
different dudes.
Same here, but am now better informed. I have a violin concerto on Naxos by Vainberg, who then released his 12th symphony under the name Weinberg. Naxos and Chandos serve the 'dude' well in recordings. His works tend to avoid the banalities that occasionally inflicts Shosty's works, but Shosty speaks more directly. Imho.

http://www.classicalm.com/en/composer/661/Mieczysaw-Weinberg

Ray Hall, Taree
John Fowler
2020-10-08 00:22:53 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by Frank Berger
Post by Oscar
[...]
I'd like to thank Jesus and Queen Elizabeth for this Grammophonal award.
Peace out!
Fuck Trump y'all.