The Four Seasons, Recomposed by Max Richter
Alex Brown
2012-11-07 09:02:03 UTC
I recently received this disc from a relative, and I now know why they
were keen to get rid of it.

I am sure this is some kind of joke, written with the intention of being
the most annoying possible musical experience. Take the Four Seasons
(which, due to over-exposure risks being called annoying anyway),
overlay a musical fabric reminiscent of Arvo Pärt at his most
saccharine, and then doodle around with familiar tunes and disrupt
familiar rhythms. It's a wonder anybody can make it through listening to
the whole thing. Maybe nobody has.

For those with strong ears, some Youtube clippage is at:

DG's product page is at:

http://is.gd/8hjrcz
- Alex Brown
g***@gmail.com
2019-08-10 07:55:31 UTC
http://youtu.be/tidGU4S69DI
http://is.gd/8hjrcz
--
- Alex Brown
That recording is included in this recent article listing stereo lp's to best show off your turntable:

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/05/14/best-vinyl-to-play-on-turntable/