Agustin Barrios
Henry Sibley
2009-05-02 15:33:42 UTC
Recommendations? Thanks

A couple of nice works on a Jason Vieaux disc are all I have.

Hank
Paul Goldstein
2009-05-02 15:52:51 UTC
Post by Henry Sibley
Recommendations? Thanks
A couple of nice works on a Jason Vieaux disc are all I have.
John Williams' Barrios performances are superb. I also very much like what I've
heard of the Barrios series on Ricercar, with guitarist Philippe Lemaigre.
Antigoni Goni's Naxos CD is also a keeper.
Bob Harper
2009-05-02 16:06:47 UTC
Post by Paul Goldstein
Post by Henry Sibley
Recommendations? Thanks
A couple of nice works on a Jason Vieaux disc are all I have.
John Williams' Barrios performances are superb. I also very much like what I've
heard of the Barrios series on Ricercar, with guitarist Philippe Lemaigre.
Antigoni Goni's Naxos CD is also a keeper.
Second the disc by Antigoni Goni. Marvelous! The Vieaux disc (I assume
it's the one on Naxos) is also excellent. Don't know the others.

Bob Harper
Steven Bornfeld
2009-05-02 20:58:39 UTC
Post by Paul Goldstein
Post by Henry Sibley
Recommendations? Thanks
A couple of nice works on a Jason Vieaux disc are all I have.
John Williams' Barrios performances are superb. I also very much like what I've
heard of the Barrios series on Ricercar, with guitarist Philippe Lemaigre.
Antigoni Goni's Naxos CD is also a keeper.
Thanks for the heads up on the Goni.
Has anyone heard Barrios's own collected recordings?

http://tinyurl.com/dlrhre

BTW,have you heard of the apparently simultaneous discovery by two
Barrios scholars of the score for "Bicho Feo"?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.music.classical.guitar/msg/34f3d29e4434a2ed

Steve
Fugue
2009-05-02 21:20:37 UTC
You might try Alexander-Sergei Ramírez' disc on Deutsche Grammophon-
471 532-2
Steven Bornfeld
2009-05-03 00:05:00 UTC
Post by Fugue
You might try Alexander-Sergei Ramírez' disc on Deutsche Grammophon-
471 532-2
Thanks for the heads up.

Steve
Craig Wallace
2021-01-08 18:24:51 UTC
Post by Steven Bornfeld
You might try Alexander-Sergei Ram�rez' disc on Deutsche Grammophon-
471 532-2
Thanks for the heads up.
Steve
Guy Lukowski that was on EMI wins above all for musicality and depth IMHO! Sadly no CD release ever!
number_six
2009-05-02 16:35:38 UTC
I have Williams on vinyl and am interested in some of the others
mentioned. I have David Russell's excellent Barrios CD on Telarc;
needed that one because of my particular fondness for the Vals de
Primavera. I don't think this is on the Williams CDs.