"Many of Markevitch's recordings are characterised by what John L. Holmes has described as "considerable tension and incisiveness""
2018-11-08 05:03:32 UTC
http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2017/Jul/Mussorgsky_pictures_0300891BC.htm
r***@verizon.net
2018-11-08 16:16:24 UTC
http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2017/Jul/Mussorgsky_pictures_0300891BC.htm
I'm a big fan of Markevitch and I'm disappointed DG hasn't yet seen fit to honor him with a big box of his complete recordings.
Frank Berger
2018-11-08 16:33:48 UTC
Post by r***@verizon.net
Post by g***@gmail.com
http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2017/Jul/Mussorgsky_pictures_0300891BC.htm
I'm a big fan of Markevitch and I'm disappointed DG hasn't yet seen fit to honor him with a big box of his complete recordings.
I assume you are aware of the incomplete 9-CD box DG released in 2003
and the 33-CD box from Venias containing, apparently, the complete EMI,
DG, Philips recordings and more. Not sure if either is available.
r***@verizon.net
Thank you, I do have the DG box you mentioned and the Icon box of Erato recordings is on my wish list. I have a decent amount of his recordings scattered throughout the various DG boxes I have but I'd still welcome a complete box devoted to him. I'm really surprised the Venias box is only 33 discs; I would have thought there would be far more than that.
Frank Berger
2018-11-08 17:12:32 UTC
Post by r***@verizon.net
Post by Frank Berger
Post by r***@verizon.net
I'm a big fan of Markevitch and I'm disappointed DG hasn't yet seen fit to honor him with a big box of his complete recordings.
I assume you are aware of the incomplete 9-CD box DG released in 2003
and the 33-CD box from Venias containing, apparently, the complete EMI,
DG, Philips recordings and more. Not sure if either is available.
Thank you, I do have the DG box you mentioned and the Icon box of Erato recordings is on my wish list. I have a decent amount of his recordings scattered throughout the various DG boxes I have but I'd still welcome a complete box devoted to him. I'm really surprised the Venias box is only 33 discs; I would have thought there would be far more than that.
Someone had posted what I said above. I don't know if that's accurate.
I haven't seen a track listing. And I think it's unavailable at the moment.
John Fowler
2018-11-09 14:25:05 UTC
http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2017/Jul/Mussorgsky_pictures_0300891BC.htm
What does Ron Jeremy have to say?