Inner groove distortion and Beethoven
2020-08-27 21:27:03 UTC
https://www.psaudio.com/pauls-posts/the-beethoven-problem/
msw design
2020-08-27 22:04:08 UTC
Down the rabbit hole I found reference to an LP reverse grooved, so it goes from inside to out. Are there any out there with performances more notable than this? Would make a great novelty gift.

https://www.amazon.com/Orelob-Bolero-Maurice-Ravel/dp/B00BK6HT1Q/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=rizzi+bolero&qid=1598565693&sr=8-1#customerReviews
Mr. Mike
2020-08-28 05:50:18 UTC
On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 15:04:08 -0700 (PDT), msw design
Post by msw design
Down the rabbit hole I found reference to an LP reverse grooved, so it goes from inside to out. Are there any out there with performances more notable than this? Would make a great novelty gift.
https://www.amazon.com/Orelob-Bolero-Maurice-Ravel/dp/B00BK6HT1Q/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=rizzi+bolero&qid=1598565693&sr=8-1#customerReviews
What happens to the needle when it gets "back" to the outer edge? Does
it just fall off the record?
Bob Harper
2020-08-28 16:22:43 UTC
Post by msw design
Down the rabbit hole I found reference to an LP reverse grooved, so it goes from inside to out. Are there any out there with performances more notable than this? Would make a great novelty gift.
https://www.amazon.com/Orelob-Bolero-Maurice-Ravel/dp/B00BK6HT1Q/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=rizzi+bolero&qid=1598565693&sr=8-1#customerReviews
What happens to the needle when it gets "back" to the outer edge? Does
it just fall off the record?
I would think it possible to put a locking groove at the outer edge just
as there is with a normal LP. But I wouldn't want to risk an expensive
cartridge on it.

2020-08-28 18:33:45 UTC
I would think it possible to put a locking groove at the outer edge just
as there is with a normal LP. But I wouldn't want to risk an expensive
cartridge on it.
Bob Harper
Yes, a lock groove can be cut anywhere, or in multiple locations.

I recall music instruction LPs from Silver Burdett that had a lock groove at end of each track.

In the noise genre RRR also issued an LP and a 45 like that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RRR-500-lock-groove-LP-NEW-UNPLAYED-otomo-yoshihide-john-oswald-sonic-youth-aube/233693021939?hash=item36693086f3:g:YkAAAOSwtfhYrc6L
msw design
2020-08-29 13:33:31 UTC
This reminds me of a record that had two intertwining tracks- I can't remember the reason, if it was anything except novelty. But put your needle dowm and there was a 50/50 chance that you'd hear what you expected.
MiNe109
2020-08-29 14:23:40 UTC
Post by msw design
This reminds me of a record that had two intertwining tracks- I can't
remember the reason, if it was anything except novelty. But put your
needle dowm and there was a 50/50 chance that you'd hear what you
expected.
The Monty Python Matching Tie and Handkerchief lp.