Composer Marvin Hamlisch dies at 68
pgaron
2012-08-07 17:57:52 UTC
http://news.yahoo.com/composer-marvin-hamlisch-dies-68-140139532.html

Very sad news. He was a talented composer who wrote a lot of memorable
music.

pgaron
Bob Harper
2012-08-07 18:48:57 UTC
Post by pgaron
http://news.yahoo.com/composer-marvin-hamlisch-dies-68-140139532.html
Very sad news. He was a talented composer who wrote a lot of memorable
music.
pgaron
Yes. Even if the score for The Sting was based on Scott Joplin, it was
still a work of genius. RIP.

Bob Harper
Kip Williams
2012-08-07 19:32:48 UTC
Post by pgaron
http://news.yahoo.com/composer-marvin-hamlisch-dies-68-140139532.html
Very sad news. He was a talented composer who wrote a lot of memorable
music.
Yes. Even if the score for The Sting was based on Scott Joplin, it was
still a work of genius. RIP.
It pushed me to get into Joplin sooner than I would have. And A CHORUS
LINE has some great bits in it. And 68 is too young.

Kip W
Frank Berger
Way too young (I'm 64).
Matthew B. Tepper
2012-08-07 19:32:56 UTC
Post by pgaron
http://news.yahoo.com/composer-marvin-hamlisch-dies-68-140139532.html
Very sad news. He was a talented composer who wrote a lot of memorable
music.
pgaron
Yes. Even if the score for The Sting was based on Scott Joplin, it was
still a work of genius. RIP.
Bob Harper
Right now, Scott Joplin is greeting Mr. Hamlisch. I wonder if he's saying,
"Thank ye kindly," or "You won a WHAT?"

There is another obituary here:

http://www.billboard.com/news#/news/marvin-hamlisch-composer-dead-at-68-
1007764552.story
--
Matthew B. Tepper: WWW, science fiction, classical music, ducks!!
Read about "Proty" here: http://home.earthlink.net/~oy/proty.html
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employers.
Edward Cowan
2012-08-07 22:44:30 UTC
A local Dallas TV station, during its noon program today, devoted a
segment to Hamlisch, who had been a conductor of the Dallas Symphony
"Pops" Orchestra. --E.A.C.
Post by pgaron
http://news.yahoo.com/composer-marvin-hamlisch-dies-68-140139532.html
Very sad news. He was a talented composer who wrote a lot of memorable
music.
pgaron
--
hrabanus