Michael Shaffer has passed away
Add Reply
Mark Stenroos
2021-11-11 15:40:07 UTC
Just received an IM announcing his sudden and unexpected passing.
Herman
2021-11-11 15:47:26 UTC
Post by Mark Stenroos
Just received an IM announcing his sudden and unexpected passing.
That is shocking. If I were to guess I'd say he was barely sixty years old now.

He could be pedantic and snippy, internet wasn't a great fit for him, perhaps, but I often liked him.
Herman
2021-11-11 15:57:49 UTC
So all I can say, may he rest in peace. I'm going to remember the good things: his passionate love for music making.
Bob Harper
2021-11-11 17:48:33 UTC
Post by Mark Stenroos
Just received an IM announcing his sudden and unexpected passing.
That is shocking. If I were to guess I'd say he was barely sixty years old now.
He could be pedantic and snippy, internet wasn't a great fit for him, perhaps, but I often liked him.
As one who went to war with him way too often, and was subjected to some
pretty nasty verbal attacks, I am nonetheless sorry to hear this. He was
certainly extremely knowledgeable about music, and that part of him was
of inestimable value. I only wish the other hadn't got in the way, and
to the extent I was at fault, I am sorry. May he Rest In Peace and hear
great music played perfectly forever.

Bob Harper
Matthew Silverstein
2021-11-13 13:06:52 UTC
May he Rest In Peace and hear
great music played perfectly forever.
By Europeans.

Matty
Bob Harper
2021-11-13 20:23:45 UTC
No doubt :).
Andrew Clarke
2021-11-15 13:06:49 UTC
Post by Bob Harper
May he Rest In Peace and hear
great music played perfectly forever.
By Europeans.
Sadly, most current recordings seem to be made in Europe by Europeans, plus Andrew Litton and Angela Hewitt.

Andrew Clarke
Canberra

Owen
2021-11-13 05:33:18 UTC
Post by Mark Stenroos
Just received an IM announcing his sudden and unexpected passing.
Sorry to hear that. Michael expressed his opinions without any filters,
but was very passionate about the music he loved. RIP, Michael.