Juilliard String Quartet Complete RCA Recordings
2018-11-05 12:48:47 UTC
Showed up on Amazon.de today

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07J3B94LM/

11 CDs

Release date 01/18/2019
Herman
2018-11-05 12:56:35 UTC
Yesterday I saw a clip of the current line-up of the JSQ playing Beethoven.

First violinist Joseph Lin has stepped down and Areta Zhulla (originally from Greece, but, natch, a Juilliard graduate), 32 years young, is the first violin now, together with Ronald Copes on 2nd, Roger Tapping on viola and Astrid Scheen on cello.

It's all a matter of taste, but immediately I felt this is a real string quartet again, with Zhulla's energy and musical character.
h***@gmail.com
2018-11-05 12:56:44 UTC
Post by Randy Lane
Showed up on Amazon.de today
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07J3B94LM/
11 CDs
Release date 01/18/2019
Several of these were released as part of the third large Living Stereo box a few years ago. Truth be told, I was disappointed at the sound - very closeup and rather harsh above mezzo-forte. On account of that and the duplications, I'll pass.

Hank
drh8h
2018-11-05 14:17:49 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Post by Randy Lane
Showed up on Amazon.de today
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07J3B94LM/
11 CDs
Release date 01/18/2019
Several of these were released as part of the third large Living Stereo box a few years ago. Truth be told, I was disappointed at the sound - very closeup and rather harsh above mezzo-forte. On account of that and the duplications, I'll pass.
Hank
I have an early LP and the Living Stereo CD of the Op.95 and 135 performances, and the sound is just as you describe in both, so I don't know if we can blame the transfer engineer. Harsh above mezzo-forte to me describes almost everything by the Juilliard in this period. Aside from the record I just mentioned, what else would be in the set besides those pictured? That only leaves two discs unaccounted for. Where are the mono Columbias?

DH
Mr. Mike
2018-11-05 17:05:22 UTC
$45.35 Canadian on amazon.ca, soon to show up on .com, I suspect...

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07J3B94LM/
Matt Richardson
2018-11-05 17:59:26 UTC
Also of note, it Looks like DG will be issuing a complete 50cd Ozawa/DG box next Feb (according to JPC).
Frank Berger
2018-11-05 19:14:46 UTC
Post by Matt Richardson
Post by Randy Lane
Showed up on Amazon.de today
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07J3B94LM/
11 CDs
Release date 01/18/2019
Also of note, it Looks like DG will be issuing a complete 50cd Ozawa/DG box next Feb (according to JPC).
I'm expecting my Szeryng box any day now. Also as per MDT due for
release this month or last are boxes from Chailly/DG, Prokofev/Gergiev
(CD and DVD sets), Andre Previn complete RCA and Columbia/Sony,
Bernstein/Young People's Concerts on DVD and Blu-Ray (is there a point
to that?), a Camilla Wicks box (Profil), a Haitink/Staatskapelle box on
Profil (annoying since just bought his Bruckner 8 on Profil which is
included), Carlos Kleiber complete DG recordings, Mahler/Kubelik/BRSO,
Blu-Ray audio, Celibidache, the Munich Years (Warner).