BRO update
2019-09-01 19:15:38 UTC
Received by email just now; rest of you probably have as well, but fww:

PLEASE NOTE: Website will be down all day Labor Day for installation of new search engine
Browse Our Catalog

D ear Customers,

Thank you for your patience and perseverance these past, six months, while we struggled with a sub-par search engine. We hope you'll find the new one quicker and more versatile. The website should be up-and-running by Tuesday morning.

Best wishes for a safe and pleasant Labor Day holiday.

Berkshire Record Outlet
Sol L. Siegel
2019-09-01 21:42:22 UTC
PLEASE NOTE: Website will be down all day Labor Day for installation
of new search engine Browse Our Catalog
Dear Customers,
Thank you for your patience and perseverance these past, six months,
while we struggled with a sub-par search engine. We hope you'll find
the new one quicker and more versatile. The website should be
up-and-running by Tuesday morning.
Best wishes for a safe and pleasant Labor Day holiday.
Berkshire Record Outlet
In other words: Get your orders in NOW!! d;>)

- Sol L. Siegel, Philadelphia, PA USA

---
2019-09-03 19:53:17 UTC
Post by Sol L. Siegel
Post by Bozo
PLEASE NOTE: Website will be down all day Labor Day for installation
of new search engine Browse Our Catalog
Dear Customers,
Thank you for your patience and perseverance these past, six months,
while we struggled with a sub-par search engine. We hope you'll find
the new one quicker and more versatile. The website should be
up-and-running by Tuesday morning.
Best wishes for a safe and pleasant Labor Day holiday.
Berkshire Record Outlet
In other words: Get your orders in NOW!! d;>)
- Sol L. Siegel, Philadelphia, PA USA
---
Well, they didn't make their Tuesday morning target, but that was
predictable. Of course, the right way to do this is to have a duplicate
site on which you make your changes and test them and then switch the
duplicate to production. Unless you can't afford the resources or
didn't think of it (or your developer didn't suggest it). They wouldn't
have even needed to announce the change was coming and so wouldn't have
missed the deadline!
Oscar
So they are repealing and replacing the search engine I am perfectly happy with. If I like my search engine I should be able to keep my search engine. I thought that's how it worked. Harrumph!
Frank Berger
2019-09-03 20:36:32 UTC
Post by Oscar
Post by Bozo
Dear Customers,
Thank you for your patience and perseverance these past, six months, while we struggled with a sub-par
search engine. We hope you'll find the new one quicker and more versatile. The website should be up-
and-running by Tuesday morning.
So they are repealing and replacing the search engine I am perfectly happy with. If I like my search engine I should be able to keep my search engine. I thought that's how it worked. Harrumph!
However much you (oddly) like the current engine, a new one couldn't
possibly be worse. Famous last words.
Ed Presson
2019-09-03 23:26:34 UTC
Post by Oscar
Post by Bozo
Dear Customers,
Thank you for your patience and perseverance these past, six months,
while we struggled with a sub-par
search engine. We hope you'll find the new one quicker and more
versatile. The website should be up-
and-running by Tuesday morning.
So they are repealing and replacing the search engine I am perfectly happy
with. If I like my search engine I should be able to keep my search
engine. I thought that's how it worked. Harrumph!
However much you (oddly) like the current engine, a new one couldn't
possibly be worse. Famous last words.
We'll see, I guess. I managed pretty well with the rather old search
engine. At least it normally responded with alacrity. My greatest
irritation with the search engine offered by BRO
for the past several months is its terribly slow response time, even after
it actually began to find items being searched for.

Ed Presson
msw design
2019-09-04 02:07:22 UTC
Perhaps you've also developed a recent fondness for late Klemperer? The BRO search engine "breathed" way too much for me. ;-)
drh8h
2019-09-04 21:18:35 UTC
Post by msw design
Post by Oscar
So they are repealing and replacing the search engine I am perfectly happy with.
Perhaps you've also developed a recent fondness for late Klemperer? The BRO search engine "breathed" way too much for me. ;-)
Well, it's up and running and didn't even empty my cart, so let the criticisms begin.

DH