New violin sonatas cd Milstein sisters
2017-10-22 15:45:53 UTC
Pianist Nathalia Milstein (recent posts about her solo playing are here at rmcr ) and her sister, violinist Maria Milstein, play the Pierne Violin Sonata,Op.36, Saint-Saens Violin Sonata #1, Op.75, the Debussy Violin Sonata (1917), and 2 pieces by Hahn. I heard only the Pierne and Debussy. My first hearing of the Pierne, very pleasant although perhaps not memorable.Recommended listening, however.

New Mirare cd here complete, free listening. Per Radio 4 ( Google translation ) :

“Violinist Maria Milstein and her sister pianist Nathalia Milstein go on their new CD looking for "lost time". The CD is titled “La Sonate de Vinteuil “ and it is a tribute to the great French writer Marcel Proust. The Vinteuil Sonate is a mysteriously fictional piece of music that chases the main character in the book "A la recherche du temps perdu".There is much speculation about whether the beginning of Vinteuil Sonate is actually a real piece. Or is it a musical amalgam of composers’ music such as Camille Saint-Saëns, Gabriel Fauré or Claude Debussy who heard Proust in Paris's salons? Proust's beautiful descriptions of music appeal to ecstatic feelings. And they still speak enormously to the imagination.”

https://www.nporadio4.nl/cds/nathalia-et-maria-milstein-la-sonate-de-vinteuil
AB
2017-10-22 19:07:41 UTC
[...]
excellent...... the pianist is especially impressive

AB
Ricardo Jimenez
The allbum is now on Spotify.
Bozo
2017-10-22 22:34:57 UTC
Post by AB
excellent...... the pianist is especially impressive
2 solo recitals of hers:

Available just 1 more day :

https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_lunch-concert?id=2258790

J.S. Bach- Liszt : Prélude et Fugue en A minor, BWV 543
Prokofiev : extrait de 'Ten Pieces for Piano, op. 12
Valery Arzumanov : Prélude et Fugue in F sharp minor
Ravel : Le Tombeau de Couperin

Available still :

https://www.francemusique.fr/emissions/generation-jeunes-interpretes/philippe-jaroussky-et-ses-eleves-de-la-seine-musicale-nathalia-milstein-philibert-perrine-37035

Beethoven Piano Sonata No.28, Op.101 and Chopin’s 3 Op.63 Mazurkas :
Bozo
2017-10-22 22:56:30 UTC
J.S. Bach- Liszt : Prélude et Fugue en A minor, BWV 543
Prokofiev : extrait de 'Ten Pieces for Piano, op. 12
Valery Arzumanov : Prélude et Fugue in F sharp minor
Ravel : Le Tombeau de Couperin
The above recital available longer now , also with the cd recording of the Pierne and Saint-Saens Violin Sonatas :

https://www.francemusique.fr/emissions/le-meilleur-des-concerts-radio-france/le-meilleur-des-concerts-de-radio-france-du-dimanche-22-octobre-2017-37379
Bozo
2018-08-10 22:20:19 UTC
Sister Maria plays the Beethoven VC August 9 ,2018 live at Concertgebouw with Netherlands Youth Orchestra. A little tentative for my tastes in the first mov., early in the last mov., BUT I really liked her slow mov.:

https://www.nporadio4.nl/concerten/8148-robeco-summernights-jeugdorkest-nederland