"Best Cheap Headphones and Earbuds 2020" (recent article)
2020-08-27 22:01:09 UTC
https://upnewsinfo.com/2020/08/27/best-cheap-headphones-and-earbuds-2020/
msw design
2020-08-27 22:11:47 UTC
https://upnewsinfo.com/2020/08/27/best-cheap-headphones-and-earbuds-2020/
Best Headphones of the Pandemic
by Me

Think of what you really always wanted but thought you could never own (however old they are), find them used in great shape, buy them, sell everything you have that was made unnecessary by them, reserve your pennies to make up the $$ shortfall, look forward to autumn when you will have money again. Enjoy the music.

I recommend it. For me it was a pair of LCD-XCs which once EQ-corrected are a vision of staging clarity. They're not that heavy if you had a big head to begin with.
wkasimer
2020-08-28 15:54:25 UTC
https://upnewsinfo.com/2020/08/27/best-cheap-headphones-and-earbuds-2020/
Pretty useless link.

For earbuds, this site is vastly superior:

https://www.scarbir.com/

I've tried several of the earbuds reviewed on this site, and his reviews are right on target.
Frank Berger
2020-08-28 17:36:50 UTC
Post by wkasimer
Post by g***@gmail.com
https://upnewsinfo.com/2020/08/27/best-cheap-headphones-and-earbuds-2020/
Pretty useless link.
https://www.scarbir.com/
I've tried several of the earbuds reviewed on this site, and his reviews are right on target.
I had a pair of Etymotic (I think ER4) that I liked except
they were not really comfortable. Virtually totally noise
eliminating when worn properly. On an airplane you
literally could not hear the flight attendant speak to you.
When I retired and turned in my company computer, I think
they were in the bag. Maybe I just left them in my desk.
By the time I noticed I didn't have them it was too late.
In any case they they disappeared around that time. I miss
them.
MiNe109
2020-08-28 19:36:28 UTC
Post by wkasimer
Post by g***@gmail.com
https://upnewsinfo.com/2020/08/27/best-cheap-headphones-and-earbuds-2020/
Pretty useless link.
https://www.scarbir.com/
I've tried several of the earbuds reviewed on this site, and his
reviews are right on target.
I had a pair of Etymotic (I think ER4) that I liked except they were not
really comfortable. Virtually totally noise eliminating when worn
properly.  On an airplane you literally could not hear the flight
attendant speak to you. When I retired and turned in my company
computer, I think they were in the bag. Maybe I just left them in my
desk. By the time I noticed I didn't have them it was too late. In any
case they they disappeared around that time.  I miss them.
The very similar ER2 is available on Amazon for under $100.

My ER3s are dormant until I can spend on some replacement filters but I
like their sound isolation a lot.
wkasimer
2020-08-28 20:21:19 UTC
I had a pair of Etymotic (I think ER4) that I liked except
they were not really comfortable. Virtually totally noise
eliminating when worn properly. On an airplane you
literally could not hear the flight attendant speak to you.
When I retired and turned in my company computer, I think
they were in the bag. Maybe I just left them in my desk.
By the time I noticed I didn't have them it was too late.
In any case they they disappeared around that time. I miss
them.
A number of years ago, I had a pair of fairly expensive wired earbuds - I think that they were Shures. I was at the gym on an elliptical machine and they came loose when I got tangled in the cord, and I crushed one of the earpieces under the pedal with my next stroke.

Since then, I've avoided expensive and wired earbuds. I rarely listen with headphones or earbuds except in less than ideal sonic situations (office gym, plane, train, etc.), so I've stuck with sub-$50 wireless bluetooth earbuds. The ones that have impressed me the most are the TOZO NC9's, which have active noise cancellation, and the MPOW M30's, which are great for the gym, thanks to good passive isolation and earfins that hold them in place.
r***@gmail.com
2020-08-28 23:44:41 UTC
[...]
I share your predilection for cheap. I use Audio Technica noise cancelling ear-buds. They are wired, so I lose them less often, and under $50 or so. They don't cancel noise like the top of the line Bose, but even they don't make plane or train listening particularly hi-fi.
Richard