Complete Amar-Hindemith Quartet Recordings on Parnassus
Mark Obert-Thorn
2020-07-23 13:56:44 UTC
For Paul Hindemith's 125th birth year. Release date is tomorrow. This is the first time all of the Amar-Hindemith recordings have been reissued on CD:

https://www.amazon.com/Amar-Hindemith-Quartet-complete-recordings-1925-8/dp/B08BR6NHNM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=amar-hindemith+quartet&qid=1595512247&s=music&sr=1-1

or

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8797932--amar-hindemith-quartet-complete-recordings-1925-8

Transfers by yours truly.

MO-T
Chango
2020-07-23 15:03:10 UTC
Post by Mark Obert-Thorn
https://www.amazon.com/Amar-Hindemith-Quartet-complete-recordings-1925-8/dp/B08BR6NHNM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=amar-hindemith+quartet&qid=1595512247&s=music&sr=1-1
<snip>
Transfers by yours truly.
MO-T
Thanks for doing this, Mark. I just pulled the trigger.
drh8h
2020-07-23 17:02:26 UTC
Post by Chango
Post by Mark Obert-Thorn
https://www.amazon.com/Amar-Hindemith-Quartet-complete-recordings-1925-8/dp/B08BR6NHNM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=amar-hindemith+quartet&qid=1595512247&s=music&sr=1-1
<snip>
Transfers by yours truly.
MO-T
Thanks for doing this, Mark. I just pulled the trigger.
Of course, the Amazon "Editorial Review" is for some completely different recording!

Thanks for the heads up, Mark. I pulled the trigger too. This is a no-brainer. Some of those records must be super rare. I can't imagine there was a big market for Krenek records in the mid-1920s.

Dennis
c***@gmail.com
2020-07-23 17:25:07 UTC
Post by drh8h
Post by Chango
Post by Mark Obert-Thorn
https://www.amazon.com/Amar-Hindemith-Quartet-complete-recordings-1925-8/dp/B08BR6NHNM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=amar-hindemith+quartet&qid=1595512247&s=music&sr=1-1
<snip>
Transfers by yours truly.
MO-T
Thanks for doing this, Mark. I just pulled the trigger.
Of course, the Amazon "Editorial Review" is for some completely different recording!
Thanks for the heads up, Mark. I pulled the trigger too. This is a no-brainer. Some of those records must be super rare. I can't imagine there was a big market for Krenek records in the mid-1920s.
Dennis
Actually, Krenek was very popular throughout Europe during the '20s, thanks mainly to the notoriety of "Jonny spielt auf." His personal life was in an uproar too, and that might have enhanced his celebrity :-) I'll be acquiring these recordings too and find the thought of Hindemith playing Verdi particularly amusing. The composer's salacious one-acters from the '20s aren't exactly Verdian.

AC
drh8h
2020-07-23 17:40:34 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by drh8h
Post by Chango
Post by Mark Obert-Thorn
[...]
You may be right. It might harder to sell Krenek in the 2020s than the 1920s. Some music has its time and place awaiting a rediscovery that may or may not happen.

Dennis
drh8h
2020-07-23 17:38:59 UTC
Post by Mark Obert-Thorn
https://www.amazon.com/Amar-Hindemith-Quartet-complete-recordings-1925-8/dp/B08BR6NHNM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=amar-hindemith+quartet&qid=1595512247&s=music&sr=1-1
or
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8797932--amar-hindemith-quartet-complete-recordings-1925-8
Transfers by yours truly.
MO-T
Would be great if the acoustics of the Rose and Bohemian String Quartets could be anthologized. I can only imagine how elusive those are. The complete London String Quartet acoustics would be gold imo.

Dennis
drh8h
2020-07-30 03:01:05 UTC
Post by Mark Obert-Thorn
https://www.amazon.com/Amar-Hindemith-Quartet-complete-recordings-1925-8/dp/B08BR6NHNM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=amar-hindemith+quartet&qid=1595512247&s=music&sr=1-1
or
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8797932--amar-hindemith-quartet-complete-recordings-1925-8
Transfers by yours truly.
MO-T
And a fine job indeed. Thank you and Mr. Gerber.

Dennis