Quartetto Italiano
Precious Roy
2020-08-30 18:38:22 UTC
I see Warner released two of the Quartetto Italiano's EMI-era recordings as high-definition downloads, earlier this year. Does anyone know if this betokens a CD set of their complete "Warner" (ick) recordings?
Frank Berger
2020-08-30 19:42:55 UTC
Post by Precious Roy
I see Warner released two of the Quartetto Italiano's EMI-era recordings as high-definition downloads, earlier this year. Does anyone know if this betokens a CD set of their complete "Warner" (ick) recordings?
I am aware of 3 Testament CDs and 1 on EMI references. Is
there more not released on CD?
Precious Roy
2020-08-31 00:31:36 UTC
I don't think are the following are on Testament CD; they're available as downloads now from Presto and other sources:

Beethoven: String Quartet No. 10, Op. 74 "Harp" (1956)
Beethoven: String Quartet No. 13, Op. 130 (1954)

I don't think Testament released all the Mozart and Schumann from the Italiano's EMI period, either. I know they went on to record all this material for Philips; I was just wondering if the sudden release of these 1950s recordings stemmed from some larger project.