2018-10-06 18:59:00 UTC
October 6, 2018
At last, this is the email I've been waiting to send everyone.
We have received confirmation that our order to fill the remainder of the outstanding orders for the "George Szell: Complete Columbia Album Collection" boxed set has arrived at our distribution warehouse.
We anticipate beginning to send email confirmations to customers on Wednesday of next week. The calendar is a bit of our enemy here - Monday is a USPS holiday, and our distribution warehouse is also closed for the holiday, so final unpacking and the start of our shipments won't begin until late Tuesday at the earliest.
Since an unhappy customer took to an internet group to discuss how they received their Szell box damaged (and using their very limited experience with us to draw a larger conclusion about our store in general...but when all the boxes are shipped I'll be blogging about blogging), we want to spend a moment discussing how these boxes have been shipped, and how they will be shipped.
In the past for a boxed set of this size, labels had created mailing-ready packages. Our first shipment of the Szell boxes did not include any packages shipped in mailing-ready containers.
So here are our guidelines:
1. All boxes will be sent via USPS Media Mail. The USPS can take up to 9 business days to deliver the item via Media Mail, but in our experience it is usually less than 5 business days within the continental United States.
2. All boxes will be shipped in 12" x 12" x 12" cardboard boxes, which will be industrial strength 1/4" thickness to avoid any kind of damage en route.
3. Each box will be packed inside with brown packing paper, or in some cases, wrapped in air pillows. The actual Szell box itself will be wrapped in paper, and may be taped to the bottom of the box to try and eliminate any additional bouncing around that might damage the corners.
4. If you ordered additional items at the time, you should have received those items. If not, we will be sending those items separately.
5. As always, you will be receiving an email when the item leaves our warehouse, and again when the item leaves your local post office on the day of delivery, and again when the item arrives at your location. If you have given us a cell phone number, you will receive a text with this information.
Remember, we have a coupon for all purchasers of the Szell box. Just use the coupon code SZELL50 to receive a discount of 50% off any order between now and when your box ships (which looks to be just a few days).
I also wanted to add my thanks for your patience during the weeks we have spent waiting for these boxes to arrive. We will do our best to insure that this great music arrives at your home as soon as possible, and in the best condition possible.
ClassicSelect | 20 Columbus Avenue, Glen Ridge, NJ 07028
Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by ***@classicselect.com in collaboration with
Try it free today