BRO slows down with Facebook
Add Reply
weary flake
2019-07-15 21:19:33 UTC
So Broinc.com connects itself to facebook so now you
see something like "waiting for facebook analytics".
I never bought anything from facebook or through
facebook. Facebook is incapable of providing for the
classical shopper, it's only effect is to slow you down.
weary flake
2019-07-15 21:23:14 UTC
Post by weary flake
So Broinc.com connects itself to facebook so now you
see something like "waiting for facebook analytics".
I never bought anything from facebook or through
facebook. Facebook is incapable of providing for the
classical shopper, it's only effect is to slow you down.
Maybe the slowness of BRO the last few months has
been because of Facebook, they just weren't saying they
were connecting to facebook until now.
Frank Berger
2019-07-15 21:58:02 UTC
Post by weary flake
Post by weary flake
So Broinc.com connects itself to facebook so now you
see something like "waiting for facebook analytics".
I never bought anything from facebook or through
facebook.  Facebook is incapable of providing for the
classical shopper, it's only effect is to slow you down.
Maybe the slowness of BRO the last few months has
been because of Facebook, they just weren't saying they
were connecting to facebook until now.
I just drilled my away around BRO and didn't see any reference to
Facebook. Where do you see that?
Mr. Mike
2019-07-16 17:26:23 UTC
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:58:02 -0400, Frank Berger
Post by Frank Berger
I just drilled my away around BRO and didn't see any reference to
Facebook. Where do you see that?
Perhaps the poster is referring to the line at the bottom of many
browsers when you connect to a WWW site which reveals all the
"subliminal" things that are being accessed. If your connection is
very fast, this might not be really obvious.
Frank Berger
2019-07-16 18:17:58 UTC
Post by Frank Berger
I just drilled my away around BRO and didn't see any reference to
Facebook. Where do you see that?
Perhaps the poster is referring to the line at the bottom of many
browsers when you connect to a WWW site which reveals all the
"subliminal" things that are being accessed. If your connection is
very fast, this might not be really obvious.
Perhaps. I've never really understand why you have to go through all
those links when connecting to a web site. I have a pretty fast
connection, I guess, but I can (barely) read the links. I connected to
BRO a bunch of times and never saw a reference to Facebook. Perhaps
someone can explain what goes on there, but I suspect it's not BRO's
doing and that it has zero to do with the slowness of BRO's search
engine (which seems to be the only thing at BRO which is really slow).
Todd Michel McComb
2019-07-16 18:24:02 UTC
Post by Mr. Mike
Perhaps the poster is referring to the line at the bottom of many
browsers when you connect to a WWW site which reveals all the
"subliminal" things that are being accessed. If your connection is
very fast, this might not be really obvious.
Er, well, these things occur in the page source. I just took a
look at the raw code on the front page of broinc.com and it includes
a section....

<!-- WooCommerce Facebook Integration Begin -->

that involves connecting to e.g.

https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js

As for why, that's another matter....
Frank Berger
2019-07-16 20:01:27 UTC
Post by Todd Michel McComb
Post by Mr. Mike
Perhaps the poster is referring to the line at the bottom of many
browsers when you connect to a WWW site which reveals all the
"subliminal" things that are being accessed. If your connection is
very fast, this might not be really obvious.
Er, well, these things occur in the page source. I just took a
look at the raw code on the front page of broinc.com and it includes
a section....
<!-- WooCommerce Facebook Integration Begin -->
that involves connecting to e.g.
https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js
As for why, that's another matter....
Well done. As to why, I can think of a couple of things. 1) The code
is boilerplate for some function needed by the coder that really has
nothing to do with Facebook, but that Facebook has made available (as it
says in the beginning). 2) It was accidentally included as part of some
code lifted from somewhere else and isn't needed at all.

In either case (or more likely some other reason altogether), it has
nothing to do with the slow loading or search of the BRO catalog.
msw design
2019-07-16 21:22:17 UTC
Ah, since WooCommerce is an eCommerce platform for WordPress, we can assume that the new BRO site is built in WordPress.

Since the WordPress search engine stinks, they must be using some third-party plugin for searches, and that combo means search results appear like sap coming from a tree.

https://themes.artbees.net/blog/wordpress-search-module/
Bozo
2019-07-30 18:09:42 UTC
Certainly getting a lot of email ads from them recently, and I believe for the first time ever, at least with the current frequency.