Piano great as Bond villain
2020-09-26 17:42:28 UTC
Q - which great pianist was also a Bond villain?

A - Le Cziffra of course!

This abysmal joke marks the occasion of the EMI Cziffra Chopin box coming up in my queue -- listening to disk 1 now, the valses...
M&S Frost
2020-09-26 18:03:34 UTC
Post by number_six
Q - which great pianist was also a Bond villain?
A - Le Cziffra of course!
This abysmal joke marks the occasion of the EMI Cziffra Chopin box coming up in my queue -- listening to disk 1 now, the valses...
Oooh ... I hate to sound stupid, but I don't get the joke.

MIFrost
c***@gmail.com
2020-09-26 18:26:55 UTC
Post by M&S Frost
Post by number_six
Q - which great pianist was also a Bond villain?
A - Le Cziffra of course!
This abysmal joke marks the occasion of the EMI Cziffra Chopin box coming up in my queue -- listening to disk 1 now, the valses...
Oooh ... I hate to sound stupid, but I don't get the joke.
MIFrost
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Chiffre

AC

P.S. I like much of Cziffra's Chopin, especially the Polonaises, which sound just grand to me.
vhorowitz
2020-09-27 18:50:01 UTC
Well(es)....here’s one who portrayed “Le Chiffre”.... https://images.app.goo.gl/uvFYXQuztY7k7VEQ8
number_six
2020-09-28 22:49:14 UTC
They may have "gone to the Welles" once too often with him. Another actor who played the role was Peter Lorre, though modern audiences will probably have no truck with that production.
number_six
I will second that -- have now played disk 2 of the set (Polonaises etc). Great color and clarity -- these are splendid recordings.
hiker_rs
2020-09-29 01:17:01 UTC
While we're on pianist jokes, this just as bad - Groucho Marx on Ciccolini: