Wesendonk Leider
2016-09-28 08:57:51 UTC
Any recommendations here?
Jim Humphreys
Am I the only one surprised that this recent list:

- Didn't include any of Tiana Lemnitz's many recordings?,

- Didn't include any recordings with piano accompaniment?
g***@gmail.com
2016-09-28 09:09:59 UTC
Any recommendations here?
Jim Humphreys
Am I the only one surprised that the following recent list:

- Doesn't include any of Tiana Lemnitz's many recordings?,

- Doesn't include any recordings with piano accompaniment?

http://www.musicweb-international.com/mwi-recommends.htm
g***@gmail.com
2016-10-01 07:59:30 UTC
Any recommendations here?
Jim Humphreys
Stemme accompanied by piano can be heard on Youtube.
g***@gmail.com
Concerning Stemme, PBS has been recently telecasting her performance in ELEKTRA.
g***@gmail.com
On Sat., she will also be in the MET's HD showing of Tristan und Isolde.
jeffc
2016-09-29 06:30:08 UTC
Any recommendations here?
Marilyn Horne

Terry
2016-09-29 07:04:33 UTC
Post by jeffc
Any recommendations here?
Marilyn Horne
http://youtu.be/uUIY6erla_E
I would guess that in the 16 years since the original request, the OP will have found something. gggg has done his/her stupid thing, that is spoiling this NG for many people.
Nicholas G
gggg is somewhat eccentric. 99% of the time he is reviving ancient threads with next to useless links from a not very good review site. But occasionally be actually points something in "the first person". Very strange.
g***@gmail.com
2020-07-27 02:39:32 UTC
Any recommendations here?
Jim Humphreys
In his review of Horne's Mahler lieder, am I the only one who was surprised at Hurwitz's disparaging remarks concerning the W. Lieder?