New & coming piano box sets
s***@hotmail.com
2018-05-23 05:06:24 UTC
Spottet the complete Decca recordings by Alicia de Larrocha - 41 discs and a dvd - coming in July - on DG’s website.

Also new or coming are a complete Ugorski on DG box (13 discs), a complete Bunin DG box (4 discs, possibly a reprint?), and Anda’s concerto recordings on DG. (The last two found on amazon, not DG’s website).

Soeren
m***@cloud9.net
2018-05-23 21:34:27 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
Spottet the complete Decca recordings by Alicia de Larrocha - 41 discs and a dvd - coming in July - on DG’s website.
Also new or coming are a complete Ugorski on DG box (13 discs), a complete Bunin DG box (4 discs, possibly a reprint?), and Anda’s concerto recordings on DG. (The last two found on amazon, not DG’s website).
Soeren
Hi Soeren,

Thanks for the post. Any word on whether or not this new set was remastered? Many of us already have her recordings, and are not wiling to lay out money for a repeat of the same old sound.

Mort Linder
m***@cloud9.net
Correction: not WILLING
s***@hotmail.com
2018-05-24 15:12:58 UTC
I don’t know, but I doubt it.

Soeren
drh8h
2018-05-24 18:22:00 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
I don’t know, but I doubt it.
Soeren
Looks like we may get Levant soon:

https://tinyurl.com/y7jyg3un

I say maybe given the previously announced Piatigorsky box has disappeared from view. There always seems to be an element of uncertainty about these Sony issues. What happened to the Casals box?

DH
Frank Berger
2018-05-24 18:47:20 UTC
Post by drh8h
Post by s***@hotmail.com
I don’t know, but I doubt it.
Soeren
https://tinyurl.com/y7jyg3un
I say maybe given the previously announced Piatigorsky box has disappeared from view. There always seems to be an element of uncertainty about these Sony issues. What happened to the Casals box?
DH
Just ordered the Levant (due 8/31) for $65.15 including shipping from
Importcds.com.
drh8h
I have never ordered directly from them. Seems like if you place an early order with Amazon for a Sony release, the order gets cancelled at least once, and it is never confirmed until just days before the previously announced official date and sometimes it even gets postponed. This sometimes happens with Warner or Universal but it seems to be standard operating procedure for Sony.
Bozo
2018-08-11 12:33:33 UTC
Spottet the complete Decca recordings by Alicia de Larrocha - 41 discs and a dvd - coming in July - on >DG’s website.
DeLarrocha box of complete Decca released July 27 :

https://www.deccaclassics.com/us/cat/4834120

Brief review today (Aug. 11 ) at BBCR3 :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bf7vh6
JohnGavin
2018-08-11 13:55:58 UTC

This De Larrocha fanatic couldn’t resist. Presto seems to have the best price.
Randy Lane
2018-08-11 15:04:13 UTC
de Larrocha shipped last night from B&N for $78 incl. S&H (3 day UPS).
Preordered the weekend all CDs were 50% off.
l***@gmail.com
2018-08-11 23:11:02 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
Spottet the complete Decca recordings by Alicia de Larrocha - 41 discs and a dvd - coming in July - on DG’s website.
Also new or coming are a complete Ugorski on DG box (13 discs), a complete Bunin DG box (4 discs, possibly a reprint?), and Anda’s concerto recordings on DG. (The last two found on amazon, not DG’s website).
Soeren
Hi,

My copy of the box set has 41 CDs and NO DVD. I got the set from MDT in the UK.

Mort Linder
JohnGavin
2018-08-12 16:50:08 UTC
Hi,

My copy of the box set has 41 CDs and NO DVD. I got the set from MDT in the UK.

Mort Linder

Hi Mort:

I haven’t seen an indication of a DVD in any of the listings for the set. One bonus however is the previously hard to get “Paginas Celebres Para Piano” (Famous Piano Pieces) from Hispovox, recorded in the early 60s - 2CDs. I love these, which include a wonderful Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody 2, played with Avery Spanish accent.
l***@gmail.com
2018-08-12 18:02:43 UTC
Post by l***@gmail.com
Hi,
My copy of the box set has 41 CDs and NO DVD. I got the set from MDT in the UK.
Mort Linder
I haven’t seen an indication of a DVD in any of the listings for the set. One bonus however is the previously hard to get “Paginas Celebres Para Piano” (Famous Piano Pieces) from Hispovox, recorded in the early 60s - 2CDs. I love these, which include a wonderful Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody 2, played with Avery Spanish accent.
Hi John,

Do you have the fantastic UK EMI CDs of her playing Spanish pieces, originally on Hispavox? They are gorgeous, especially Valses Poeticos, and the stereo sound is improved over the earlier issues. Many are also on the UK EMI box set # 50999 6 29486-2. Enjoy.

Mort
s***@hotmail.com
2018-08-13 15:45:52 UTC
No dvd in my set either (the Deutsche Grammophon website still claims there is a dvd included).

As to the Hispavox recordings on EMI icon I seccond Mort’s recommendation. Apart from an older (1958) recording of Iberia and Navarra) and a Falla Nights... these two boxes together seems to cover all her Hispavox recordings.

A box from Sony with the Columbia and RCA recordings would be welcome.

Soeren
JohnGavin
2018-08-13 15:58:45 UTC
I do Mort - I was listening yesterday to the Granados Valses Poeticos and 7 Pieces on Popular Spanish Songs - they are all desert island recordings for me. The EMI box combined with the new Decca box should cover just about all of Alicia De Larrocha’s recordings, except for her RCAs, which contain some treasures, including the complete Mozart Sonatas and Songs and Dances of Mompou.
h***@gmail.com
2018-08-13 19:55:40 UTC
Just listed on Amazon Germany. Complete RCA & Columbia Raymond Lewenthal.

https://www.amazon.de/Raymond-Lewenthal-Complete-Rca-Columbia/dp/B07FSX3CQM

And complete "classic" Andre Previn.

https://www.amazon.de/Classic-Andre-Previn/dp/B07D51864Y
drh8h
2018-08-13 20:18:50 UTC
Post by h***@gmail.com
Just listed on Amazon Germany. Complete RCA & Columbia Raymond Lewenthal.
https://www.amazon.de/Raymond-Lewenthal-Complete-Rca-Columbia/dp/B07FSX3CQM
And complete "classic" Andre Previn.
https://www.amazon.de/Classic-Andre-Previn/dp/B07D51864Y
I will probably go for them, but when is the buying public going yell, "enough!"?

DH
Mike
2018-08-13 20:39:00 UTC
Listed a couple of weeks ago for "pre-order:" https://www.importcds.com/goog/190758316727?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIue3Nw9vW3AIVizRpCh3ZVgzBEAQYASABEgJ-OPD_BwE
Just listed on Amazon Germany...And complete "classic" Andre Previn.
https://www.amazon.de/Classic-Andre-Previn/dp/B07D51864Y
m***@gmail.com
2018-09-18 16:21:55 UTC
Post by s***@hotmail.com
Spottet the complete Decca recordings by Alicia de Larrocha - 41 discs and a dvd - coming in July - on DG’s website.
Also new or coming are a complete Ugorski on DG box (13 discs)
Soeren
I would never spend a cent on Ugorski. The definition of sub-par pianism in my opinion.

Heard him live a couple times on the radio - he was dubbed "the smudge-master" by an acquaintance of mine, quite aptly...