N°2...
MELMOTH
2020-10-14 10:25:00 UTC

I always prefer Tchaikovsky's 2nd concerto...
Fanrastic interpretation (with that of Yudina)...And in its complete
version (even if Tchaikovsky had accepted the Siloti version)...
Reinhold Gliere
2020-10-14 16:15:03 UTC
http://youtu.be/Vgu8JCxWvAQ
Is that any more significant than having written 'I've always preferred strawberry ice cream over chocolate'?
Frank Berger
2020-10-15 11:53:07 UTC
Post by Reinhold Gliere
Post by MELMOTH
http://youtu.be/Vgu8JCxWvAQ
I always prefer Tchaikovsky's 2nd concerto...
Fanrastic interpretation (with that of Yudina)...And in its complete
version (even if Tchaikovsky had accepted the Siloti version)...
Is that any more significant than having written 'I've always preferred strawberry ice cream over chocolate'?
Considerably. Why haven't you made this comment for any of
the other thousands of opinions expressed here?
Reinhold Gliere
2020-10-18 18:27:58 UTC
Post by Reinhold Gliere
http://youtu.be/Vgu8JCxWvAQ
Unlike yourself, I haven't read most of "the other thousands of opinions expressed here". However the topic "No.2" was a sucker punch.
Jonathan Ben Schragadove
2020-10-15 06:50:43 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
http://youtu.be/Vgu8JCxWvAQ
I always prefer Tchaikovsky's 2nd concerto...
Fanrastic interpretation (with that of Yudina)...And in its complete
version (even if Tchaikovsky had accepted the Siloti version)...
Melmoth,
I also love this concerto, and my reference version is the classic Melodiya recording by Zhukov with Rozhdestvensky:

MELMOTH
2020-10-15 08:14:38 UTC
Yes...I know it too...But I prefer Scherbakov !...
Frank Berger
2020-10-15 12:22:58 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
http://youtu.be/Vgu8JCxWvAQ
I always prefer Tchaikovsky's 2nd concerto...
Fanrastic interpretation (with that of Yudina)...And in its
complete version (even if Tchaikovsky had accepted the
Siloti version)...
Couldn't find reference anywhere to a Yudina Tchaik PC#2.
Can you point me in the right direction?
MELMOTH
2020-10-15 13:05:10 UTC
https://www.amazon.fr/Art-Maria-Yudina/dp/B07GTZK2CB/ref=sr_1_8?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=2E87S7NLFW2P3&dchild=1&keywords=yudina&qid=1602767058&s=music&sprefix=yudina%2Cclassical%2C181&sr=1-8
Frank Berger
2020-10-15 15:00:01 UTC
There is no Tchaikovsky on that Scribendum set.
MELMOTH
2020-10-15 15:20:01 UTC
There is no Tchaikovsky on that Scribendum set.
Sorry!...You are right...I confused Yudina with NIKOLAYEVA (wirh
Assonov) !
Frank Berger
2020-10-15 15:44:39 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by Frank Berger
There is no Tchaikovsky on that Scribendum set.
Sorry!...You are right...I confused Yudina with NIKOLAYEVA
(wirh Assonov) !
I guessed that, but wanted you to figure it out. Yudina
seemed not to have recorded very much Tchaikovsky. There is
a Tchaik PC#1.
dk
2020-10-16 01:50:22 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by Frank Berger
There is no Tchaikovsky on that Scribendum set.
Sorry!...You are right...I confused Yudina with NIKOLAYEVA (wirh
Assonov) !
You are listening to the wrong pianists.
The only 2 recordings of the Tchaikovsky
2nd PC are Igor Zhukov and Mikhail Pletnev.
Nikolayeva does not come close.

dk
MELMOTH
2020-10-16 10:00:21 UTC
In my collection a long time ago !...
dk
2020-10-17 21:02:51 UTC
Post by MELMOTH
Post by dk
The only 2 recordings of the Tchaikovsky
2nd PC are Igor Zhukov and Mikhail Pletnev.
In my collection a long time ago !...
In your collection for sure,
but what between your ears?

dk